National Oilwell Varco
- Design/Development Engineering
Job Title:Electrical Engineer
Title: Electrical Engineer
Other Locations: null
Are you a specialist within applied high voltage equipment design, cable engineering, physics or materials science? Do you thrive diving into challenges and turning them into solutions? And would you like to take on a key role within strategic projects in our Product Development Department?
Become part of an international company
National Oilwell Varco Denmark I/S develops, manufactures and sells some of the most advanced flexible pipe systems in the world for the offshore oil and gas industry. The position is for our group in Brøndby, Denmark, where we are more than 350 employees – with another 350 employees at our factory in Kalundborg. The NOV global headquarter is in Houston, Texas.
Take responsibility for our product design and development tasks
This is your chance to make your mark on new developments that have the potential to change key elements of an entire industry. As our new Development Engineer, you apply your theoretical and practical knowledge of materials science, physics and electrical phenomena to our powered pipeline products for the offshore oil and gas industry. You create the electrical design rules for our medium and low voltage termination designs based on electrical field calculations, materials properties and tests. And you leverage your knowledge in your daily work with the mechanical engineers to complete product designs as well as the analyze interactions with the rest of the system.
You are the expert on our powered pipeline product development projects. This involves sparring with your colleagues to continuously adapt and develop electrical designs based on experimental results and practical product design. We have facilities available for testing, from small scale component test to full scale pipe test, which will be used for development and verification.
Apply your skills in a strong technical environment
Your daily work will take place in our development department, where you get 35 colleagues with different technical backgrounds. Engineers and Technicians work closely together on developing, designing, and qualifying new products and solutions for offshore oil and gas pipelines.
Electro Engineer with a high level of theoretical and material science knowledge
· You hold a Master’s, PhD or equivalent experience within engineering, physics or other relevant fields
· You have experience with design of power transmission cables or other high voltage equipment
· You have a thorough understanding of breakdown and aging mechanisms in materials used in cables and other power equipment, experience with accelerated aging test on cables will be an advantage.
· Experience with modelling of cable short-circuit and transient studies is a plus.
· You know how to turn theory into results
· You speak and write English fluently
You have the ability to assess a problem before diving into it. You thrive on focusing on one issue at a time, where you really get to apply your specialist skills. You are proud to share your knowledge and results with your colleagues and become a part of turning great ideas into new products.
Do you have any questions?
If you have questions regarding this position, please contact Lead Engineer, Bo Andersen at 45 41 90 84 12./ Anders Straarup 45 30 37 28 98
Company:National Oilwell Varco
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Electrical Engineer Jobs
- View more Engineering Jobs
- View more Design/Development Engineering Jobs
- View more National Oilwell Varco Jobs