National Oilwell Varco
- Circuits and Systems
Job Title:Electrical Engineer
Title: Electrical Engineer
Other Locations: null
Works in a group that offers support to production as well as testing and design of IntelliServ components, products, and tooling. Responsibilities for specific projects will be assigned to the employee in areas of process improvement or product development. As a senior level engineer, is fully competent in Electrical engineering as related to IntelliServ technology and formally leads test execution phases of projects. Plans and conducts work requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection, and adaptation or modification of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria. Devises new approaches to problems resolution.
Essential Job Functions
· Oversees the creation of low-level specifications and documentation of circuits, code, functional block diagrams etc.
· Oversees the characterization and testing of electronic components and circuits.
· Applies advanced knowledge of ruggedized design methodologies.
· Oversees schematic capture and wiring harness design.
· Provides expert engineering support for released products.
· Prepares briefings for senior management and assists in problem resolution specific to the program/project.
· Works with personnel in other departments and other disciplines to complete project assignments.
· Trains and mentors other team members.
· Performs other tasks and duties as assigned.
Preferred Job Qualifications
· Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Electronics Engineering Technology, Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering, or in closely related field, and 8 years of experience in field of specialization, or MS degree plus 2 to 4 years of experience.
· 6 years of previous experience in manufacturing plant environment.
· 6 years of oil and gas industry experienced.
· Experience managing multiple priorities and complex projects.
· Strong research and analytical skills.
· Experience using CAD packages (e.g. Pro Engineer, Mentor Graphics PADS); FEA packages (e.g Solidworks, Abaqus); Project Management (e.g. MS Project, SharePoint) and equivalent.
· Expert knowledge of engineering principles, concepts, theories, and practices.
Company:National Oilwell Varco
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Electrical Engineer Jobs
- View more Engineering Jobs
- View more Circuits and Systems Jobs
- View more National Oilwell Varco Jobs