Electrical Engineer, System
- Circuits and Systems
Job Title:Electrical Engineer, System
As an Electrical Engineer at Oculus you will design, simulate, implement, and debug systems and circuits used in virtual reality hardware. You will experiment with and develop novel solutions to the myriad of complex electrical problems sitting between reality and virtual reality. You will work closely with mechanical, optical, computer vision and software engineers on exploration and definition of advanced virtual reality systems. You will own the electrical design from prototype to production. You should have deep experience in complex PCBA development integrating processors, cameras, sensors and video/data interfaces.
1. Lead design and development of electrical systems in Oculus products, which may include application and signal processing chipsets, sensors, displays, RF and physical interfaces, power supplies, and other support circuitry - from concept to production
2. Design, simulate, bring up and test digital and analog circuits.
3. Research and develop prototypes of new products and components
4. Own PCB schematic and board layout for Oculus prototypes and products.
5. Specify, evaluate, define and select components used in upcoming product designs.
6. Collaborate with embedded systems, computer vision and mechanical engineers during development.
7. Develop relationships with key technology vendors and partners, driving roadmaps and custom solutions.
8. 5+ years of experience in electrical design
9. Experience with system level integration of complex products using SoCs and microcontrollers, data and video interfaces like USB, HDMI, DisplayPort, and MIPI, and HDI circuit board design and validation for consumer products
10. BS degree or above in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience
11. Schematic and board design using Altium or equivalent
12. Use of oscilloscopes, high speed digital test equipment, logic analyzers, and function generators
13. Experience with writing and debugging C and C++ based firmware for system bring up.
14. Experience working with JDM, ODM, CM partners
15. Experience as technical lead defining and achieving program goals
16. Ability to travel both domestically and internationally up to 15% time
**Equal Opportunity:** As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Facebook is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com or you may call us at 1+650-308-7837.
Location:Menlo Park, CA, 94025, USA
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Electrical System Engineer Jobs
- View more Engineering Jobs
- View more Circuits and Systems Jobs
- View more Facebook Jobs