Electrical Engineer (Staff/Sr Staff)
- Electronics Engineer
Job Title:Electrical Engineer (Staff/Sr Staff)
Perform as a contributing member of an engineering team involved in the areas of aviation product development, analog and digital design for an aviation products including flight data recorders and satellite communication products. This job requires extensive knowledge analog/digital and/or FPGA design. Knowledge, skills and experience commensurate with the job qualifications as outlined below. Additional qualifications may apply.
* Candidate is expected to perform as an individual contributor in a diverse, cross-functional, project team environment that includes multi-site and global team resources. Candidate also able to act as a team leader or be a member of several cross-functional teams performing a wide range of engineering tasks.
* Ability to analyze customer and regulatory requirements to create high-level and low-level requirements allocated to hardware design including Programmable Hardware Devices for Airborne Electronic Hardware.
* Provide analog and/or digital system design including complex electronic hardware in direct support of projects. Experience in AC/DC power supply design considered a plus.
* Experience using Mentor Graphics software suite including the latest release of Xpedition Enterprise, Valor NPI, FabLink and Hyperlynx DRC considered a plus. Working knowledge with computer aided design (CAD) software, preferably Solidworks, AutoCAD and Inventor experience considered a plus.
* Experience developing FPGA designs using VHDL and Verilog considered a plus. Experience performing hardware block-level and chip-level design and verification.
* Provide consultation or selection of components from standard parts or research of new components, schematic circuit representations for input into printed circuit board layout, debug and test prototype boards.
* Perform design analyses, breadboard, test and/or simulation of designs. Develop test strategies, devices and systems. Assist in bringing products up in manufacturing. Create documentation needed for product release and formal certification. For designs using programmable devices, provide consultation for adherence to DO-254 requirements.
* Experience in DOORS, Serena Business Manager and Subversion considered a plus.
* Experience with analytical tools including Matlab, Simulink, or Labview.
* Demonstrate proficiency in oral and written communications and communicates work and decisions for continued successful support of projects and processes.
* Be effective working in an Integrated Product Team environment with broad responsibilities and minimal functional oversight. Work with teams to establish priorities. Develop a thorough understanding of organizational engineering processes, understand and communicate organizational priorities and goals.
* Be capable of working with both L-3 and subcontractor resources performing design related tasks and verification and validation services. Provide consultation for creating formal qualification test plans.
*This opportunity may performed, where approved, located at other L-3 sites.
* B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering.
* 7 years experience in Electrical Engineering role including analog and/or digital design.
* Requires expertise in programmable device language description.
* Must have experience and proficiency with standard office software such as MS-Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Competencies / Desired Characteristics
* Leads by example and fosters ethical behavior within the team
* Drives a culture of transparency and integrity
* Leader of change, is able to work effectively in a variety of situations, seeks opportunities
* Strong internal / external customer service skills
* Encourages diversity of thought and perspective
* Strong business acumen
* Proactive and gets results
* Excellent planning and execution skills
Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
**Organization:** **Division - Aviation Recorders-20000026*
**Title:** *Electrical Engineer (Staff/Sr Staff)*
**Requisition ID:** *085696*
Location:Sarasota, FL, 34232, USA
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Electrical Engineer Jobs
- View more Engineering Jobs
- View more Electronics Engineer Jobs
- View more L3 Technologies Jobs