- Instrumentation and Measurement
Job Title:Electrical Engineer
Eastman is a global specialty chemical company that produces a broad range of products found in items people use every day. With a portfolio of specialty businesses, Eastman works with customers to deliver innovative products and solutions while maintaining a commitment to safety and sustainability. Its market-driven approaches take advantage of world-class technology platforms and leading positions in attractive end-markets such as transportation, building and construction, and consumables. Eastman focuses on creating consistent, superior value for all stakeholders. As a globally diverse company, Eastman serves customers in approximately 100 countries and had 2014 revenues of approximately $9.5 billion. The company is headquartered in Kingsport, Tennessee, USA and employs approximately 15,000 people around the world.
- Design, specify, install and troubleshoot industrial electrical, power distribution, and instrumentation control systems for projects.
- Provide high-quality design, scope, and cost/schedule estimates including P&IDs, and equipment drawings and specifications.
- Perform the project management function for the execution of small and mid-size capital projects.
- Support and maintain control systems including PLC and Delta V DCS.
- Provide electrical and instrumentation engineering and technical support to plant operations and maintenance.
- Provides on-call maintenance support on a rotating basis.
- Directs E&I calibration procedures of critical equipment.
- Evaluates the adequacy of critical E&I equipment spare parts inventories.
- Provide input to Reliability Engineers in development of Predictive and Preventive Maintenance
- Conducts root cause failure analysis on major equipment failure.
- Recommends action plans to minimize equipment failures.
- Liaison with equipment suppliers pertaining to any E&I issues.
- Coordinates electrical and other related contracted work.
- Lead the commissioning activities during plant start up including preparing documents (engineering).
- Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 2 years working experience in an industrial setting. Preferred: Chemical industries on projects or in maintenance.
- Desirable to have knowledge in designing power distribution, feeders, and Motor Control Centers for motors, variable speed drives, lighting, grounding, Electrical Hazardous Area Classification, etc. and instrumentation and control systems including interlocks, PLC, and DCS (Delta V preferred).
- Designed system under ANSI/ISA S84.01 Process Safety Management (PSM) for interlocks.
- Knowledgeable in using Preventive and Predictive Maintenance tools or system
- Good organization and communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to solicit input and support of others at various sites and levels in the organization.
- Fluent in English.
- Results oriented, puts in extra effort and work to accomplish critical or difficult tasks
- Familiar with CMMS (Computerize Maintenance Management System) such as SAP and common applications software (spreadsheet) Eg. M.S
Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Long-term work authorization is required for this position. However, Eastman Chemical Company does not provide sponsorship for this position.
Eastman Chemical Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Eastman is committed to creating a powerfully diverse workforce and a broadly inclusive workplace, where everyone can contribute to their fullest potential each day.
Eastman Chemical Company is an E-Verify employer.
Location:Springfield, MA, 01139, USA
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Electrical Engineer Jobs
- View more Engineering Jobs
- View more Instrumentation and Measurement Jobs
- View more Eastman Jobs