Electrical Engineer (Skunkworks), Building 8
Job Title:Electrical Engineer (Skunkworks), Building 8
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we're just getting started.
Building8 brings together world-class experts to develop and ship groundbreaking products at the intersection of hardware, software, and content. We have a clear mandate to ship products at scale. In particular, seemingly impossible products that define new categories and that advance Facebook's mission of connecting the world. The B8 team will apply DARPA-style breakthrough development at the intersection of ambitious science and product development. It will operate on aggressive, fixed timelines, with extensive use of partnerships in universities, small and large businesses. Our Building8 team is seeking an experienced Electrical Engineer. This is a full time position based in our Menlo Park office.
1. Design and prototype electrical systems to enable rapid evaluation of a novel idea
2. Work closely with cross functional leads to build first of demos and prototypes to test core concepts, technology edges, and the intersection of tech with human interaction.
3. Push boundaries and test limits to create innovative proof of concepts, design testing systems, design and implement shop/lab equipment and support a diverse prototype pipeline.
4. Build schematics, complete board layouts, assemble, test, debug, and integrate designs into electromechanical prototypes
5. Manage fabrication across internal and external suppliers to ensure quality and speed
6. Bachelor’s degree in mechanical or electrical engineering required.
7. 5+ years of experience with mechanical design and new product introduction.
8. Experience of bringing 1 or more complex consumer electronic products to market at scale.
9. Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse partners, vendors, and internal teams.
10. Demonstrated proficiency with CAD systems (Solidworks and/or ProE, etc.).
11. Familiar with hardware testing methodologies.
12. Detail oriented communication and documentation skills.
13. Passion for Facebook’s mission.
14. Ability to thrive in an extremely dynamic and fast-paced environment
15. Demonstrated ability to integrate novel technologies into functional demos to test/evaluate core concepts.
16. Deep curiosity for science and technology.
17. 5+ years hands-on experience building, testing and evaluating electrical hardware and software.
18. Extensive use of oscilloscopes, high speed digital test equipment, logic analyzers, and function generators
19. 5+ years of circuit design experience in high speed differential circuits, Verilog/FPGAs, microcontrollers, firmware, and programmable logic based development
20. Digital signal processing, real-time image processing, display engineering, and camera module experience a plus
21. Comfortable programming in C creating initial system bring-up, debugging and test codes
22. Experience in startups and companies across diverse industries.
23. B.S./B.A. in engineering/scientific discipline or equivalent years of experience.
**Equal Opportunity:** As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Facebook is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com or you may call us at 1+650-308-7837.
Location:Menlo Park, CA, 94025, USA