Electrical Engineer - Separations
Job Title:Electrical Engineer - Separations
**Danaher Company Description**
*SCIEX – An operating company within Danaher’s Life Sciences platform*
SCIEX helps to improve the world we live in by enabling scientists and laboratory analysts to find answers to the complex analytical challenges they face. Our leadership in LC-MS and CE-MS have made us a trusted partner globally to those who are focused on basic research, drug discovery, food and environmental testing, forensic toxicology, clinical research and diagnostics. With over 40 years of innovation, we continue to redefine what is achievable in routine and complex analysis.
We are seeking smart, team-oriented people who have purpose and are committed to helping us deliver*/Answers for Science. Knowledge for Life./*™ Our global team, located on every continent, is our greatest strength, bringing diverse perspectives and breakthrough thinking. With the power of the Danaher Business System behind us, it’s our people who have made us the industry leader. Come join our winning team. Visit us atwww.sciex.com.
We are seeking a Electrical Engineer in our Research and Development (R&D) department. The ideal candidate will be an outstanding technical leader, demonstrate innovative designs, work with vendors, and help drive technical projects from concept to completion. They must have a passion for engineering and dedicated to getting the job done. The scope of work will include new design concepts through the transfer of design to Manufacturing. The candidate will report directly to the Senior Hardware Development Manager and their role will include working with scientists and research associates during the concept phase and working with manufacturing associates, both local and off-source, during the release of the product.
The experienced EE associate will be responsible for:
* Working in Research and Development designing products for the Capillary Electrophoresis and Liquid Chromatography Markets.
* Working with the R&D team to come up with innovate products.
* Using CAD to design PCBs and PCAs that are used worldwide.
* Working with application associates to come up with new features and requirements for products.
* Implementing new designs from concept to manufacturing.
* Supporting existing products in the field through Product Support and Manufacturing.
Electrical Engineering & Technical skills
* Bachelor degree or higher in Electrical Engineering required.
* Minimum of 3 years relevant experience with typically 5-7 years of practical experience.
* Desired knowledge of Life Science and Liquid Chromatography products.
* Understanding of Product Development Life Cycles and Manufacturing principles.
* Expertise in Electrical design: Analog, Digital, high voltage, control systems.
* Experience in FPGA design with knowledge of Verilog and VHDL languages.
* Experience using Mentor Graphics or similar CAD packages.
* Demonstrated experience in Simulation and timing analysis.
* Experience designing high dynamic range analog and digital systems.
* Working knowledge of noise reduction techniques.
* Familiar with micro controller and microprocessor design.
* Understanding of memory integration design: Volatile, non-volatile, dual port, and FLASH.
* Experience in FW and SW coding to support and control electro-mechanical systems.
* Understanding of power supplies and power distribution techniques.
* Design for manufacturing: Ease of assembly, Cost of Goods, second sourcing.
* Demonstrated knowledge and application of Manufacturing testing systems: in-circuit and functional testing.
* Initiator of innovative design and development concepts.
* Fast turnaround of manufacturing support for designs and test jigs.
* Leading the design and delivery of new products and technology into Manufacturing.
* Understanding how to relate design elements to system level specifications and performance.
* Finding and evaluating new vendors, managing relationships, and generating specifications for outsourced design.
* Must have a good background in moving designs from R&D to Manufacturing.
* Demonstrated history of driving projects to completion in schedule driven environments.
* Demonstrated history of creativity, innovation, and outside-the-box thinking.
* Ability to be persuasive and sell ideas to others.
* Assemble, debug, and test prototype electrical assemblies.
* Methodical troubleshooting and debugging capabilities.
* Ability to use test equipment: programmable power supplies, O-scopes, function generators.
* Good documentation skills.
* Good communication skills, written and verbal.
* Experience with application of design controls throughout development process.
* Initiative and drive to accomplish goals with minimal guidance.
* Ability to manage time between multiple tasks.
* Must work in a multi-disciplined environment (EEs, MEs, Chemists, Scientists, SW, FW, QA, and Compliance).
* Must work with Operations people located throughout the world (NPI, Manufacturing, Sales, and Product Support).
* Must work with Research groups to convert new technology to product.
* Provide technical guidance on field issues.
* Participate in Peer Design Reviews.
Sciex is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
**Danaher Corporation Overview**
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and industrial solutions. Our globally diverse team of 59,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $16.5B in revenue last year. We are ranked #133 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 2,000% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
**Job Function:** Engineering
**Primary Location:** North America-United States-CA-Redwood City
**Req ID:** SCI001102
Location:Redwood City, CA, 94061, USA
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Electrical Engineer Jobs
- View more Engineering Jobs
- View more Research Jobs
- View more Danaher Corporation Jobs