Electrical Engineer Senior
DynCorp International LLC.
Job Title:Electrical Engineer Senior
The **Electrical Engineer Senior** is responsible for testing and monitoring of construction activities at a DI construction site. Responsible for facilitating construction, site access and utility/electrical services placement at specified camps and projects. Ensures contractors are performing their work in accordance with the contract and established Safety and Quality criteria.
(Typical duties include the following, although specific duties vary by assignment or contract.)
* Assists with project start-up, project construction management, project/contract modifications due to differing site conditions scheduled inspections of contractor performance, and project acceptance and close out.
* Follows a weekly schedule of activities developed by the Site Project/Construction Manager.
* This will be supplemented with project status reports to include project construction schedules.
* Orients contractors prior to construction, reviews SOP’s and procedure for the sub-contracting of facility projects and QC programs.
* Conducts construction progress meetings with contractors as needed.
* Monitors electrical construction activities and their compliance with plans and specifications from start to finish.
* Ensures all on-site personnel comply with project procedures, requirements, work rules, and that all violations are documented and include recommendations for corrective actions to be taken.
* Requests approval for any added/deleted items of work that will enhance construction quality results.
* Acts as liaison between DI and subcontractor project managers/superintendents on matters related to planning, permitting, potential disruptions, approvals, work progress and scheduling.
* Perform other qualified duties as assigned
**Knowledge & Skills**
* Detailed knowledge of Quality Control techniques and practices, and the Code of Federal Regulations.
* Ability to read plans and specifications, interpret and explain program data, and follow schedules.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
* Familiar with the US Government Federal Acquisition Regulations.
* Skilled in the use of documents relating to the development of projects, contracting, and construction.
* Additional knowledge and skills may be required by the contract and will be listed separately.
**Experience & Education**
* Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Construction Management, or related technical discipline.
* Six (6) years of related work experience that includes site construction, Quality Control, and ISO-9000 responsibilities.
* Experience in US Government and military international projects preferred.
* Additional education and experience may be required by the contract and will be listed separately.
**Physical Requirements/Working Environment**
* Varies by assignment.
* Some assignments may be in locations where living and working conditions could be remote and uncomfortable.
*Primary Location:* UNITED STATES-VIRGINIA-SPRINGFIELD
*Job Posting:* Mar 8, 2017, 8:59:48 PM
*Unposting Date:* Ongoing
*Req ID:* 1701228
Company:DynCorp International LLC.
Location:SPRINGFIELD, VA, 22151, USA
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Electrical Engineer Jobs
- View more Engineering Jobs
- View more DynCorp International LLC. Jobs