Job Title:Electrical Engineer
The role will require the ability to operate advanced Electrical Engineering Design Software (Easy Power, SKM, etc.), generate drawings, specifications and energy calculation that will be used to apply for city permits and can be used by both in house or subcontracted electricians to maintain, update, or build new facilities on our campus.
*Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:*
* Create parts lists that can be used to order parts for projects
* Conduct field support and troubleshooting when required.
* Prepare cable schedules, panel schedules, one line diagrams and wiring diagrams
* Determine power needs for new facilities and assure that adequate power is available
* Design or facilitate the design of power distribution to all end devices within the facility/station
* Assist our operations department with startup and system operation as needed
* Facilitate the development, implementation and documentation of cause and effect charts
* Perform Energy Audits, Provide Energy Usage Calculations andCircuitAnalysis for critical load throughout the plant and circuit protection for Voltage Sag for critical loads.
* Validate & optimize the facility through efficiency analysis for cost savings and reduction of energy throughout the plant.
* Experience maintaining electrical equipment and making adjustments to protective devices, ground fault and single phase relays, reverse power relays, transfer switch settings, etc.
* Prepare engineering specifications for bid invitation, perform bid evaluations and conformed bid evaluations for purchase
* Work collaboratively with both internal and external design and construction resources.
* Develop and document system designs using AutoCad software
* Perform engineering calculations, lighting compliance calculations, and energy code analysis
* Interact with project team members and electricians to oversee installation of electrical systems
* Provide cost estimates to fund projects
* Develop drawings and specifications per applicable codes, and industry standards
* Operate advanced Electrical Engineering Design Software, (SKM, Easy Power, etc.) The software will be used to perform the following types of calculations and studies as a minimum.
o Short Circuit Calculation Studies
o Protective Device Coordination Studies, including device settings.
o ARC-Flash Studies
o Studies needed to reduce incident energy levels (PPE requirements) wherever practical
* Qualifications: *
Ability to generate energy and lighting compliance calculations
* Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principals involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
* Basic knowledge of mechanical HVAC, low voltage controls and how they interplay with building electrical systems
* Knowledge of methods to reduce ARC-Flash incidents Energy levels (PPE Requirements) and obsolete switchgear replacement.
* Thorough understanding of single and three phase electrical power systems, including 46kV high voltage power substations, 46kV power distribution lines, large diesel backup generators, large Uninterruptible Power Supplies (UPSs).
* Knowledge and understanding of the following Codes and Standards
o NFPA 70 National Electrical Code
o NFPA 70E Standard for electrical safety in the workplace
o NFPA 70B Recommended Practice for Electrical Equipment Maintenance
* Knowledge of Power Quality Issues. Including the main types of power quality problems and how to eliminate or solve them. Specifically power quality problems caused by large VFD Drives, and UPS systems. Knowledge of CBEMA, ITIC curves will be helpful.
*Education and/or Experience:*
* BS degree in Electrical Engineering is required
* Required minimum of five (5) years of working experience in designing, installing and maintaining electrical systems.
* Minimum of three (3) years using an advanced Electrical Engineering Program such as SKM or Easy Power.
* PE License and ability to stamp electrical drawings is required
*Preferred Competencies & Skills:*
* Problem solving, communication, and organization skills
* Knowledge of Microsoft programs with specific emphasis on understanding of Word, Excel, and Microsoft Project
* Knowledge of AutoCAD required. Knowledge of MEP or Revit helpful
* Ability to interpret blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, and computer-generated reports
* Ability to communicate effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience
* Ability to complete projects with little supervision and can manage time appropriately
This position may be filled at a higher grade based on the successful applicant's skills, education and experience.
Due to the nature of our work qualified candidates must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance.
L3 Technologies, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity. L3 maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance-abuse testing and background checks.
Stay connected and learn more about L3 Communication Systems-West in Salt Lake City, UT
**Organization:** **Division - Communication Systems West-20000036*
**Title:** *Electrical Engineer*
**Location:** *Utah-Salt Lake City*
**Requisition ID:** *087536*
Location:Salt Lake City, UT, 84165, USA
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Electrical Engineer Jobs
- View more Engineering Jobs
- View more Energy Jobs
- View more L3 Technologies Jobs