Electrical Engineer, Power Systems
Job Title:Electrical Engineer, Power Systems
Google engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. As a member of an extraordinarily creative, motivated and talented team, you develop new products that are used by millions of people. We need our engineers to be versatile and passionate to take on new problems as we continue to push technology forward. If you get excited about building new things and aren't daunted by the challenge of building something from scratch, then our team might be your next career step.
Starting at concept creation, the Google Hardware team architects, designs, develops, validates and continues to support the product through end of life. As an Electrical Engineer, you will be a central driver of the entire product creation process. You will be involved in system design and integration, factory bring up and test/validation cycles of the project. During design and validation your contribution with power, battery and USB charging aspects of the system will be valuable to the team.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Only one thing consistently stands in the way between our users and the world's information—hardware. Our Consumer Hardware team researches, designs, and develops new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, more powerful, and seamless. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, our Consumer Hardware team is making people's lives better through technology.
* Design Google's future products by owning architecture selection, electrical design and validation.
* Work with all cross-functional teams (software, product design, industrial design, program management, operations, finance, etc.) to deliver a successful product to market.
* Lead complete functional verification, signal characterization, power modeling/test and system coexistence testing.
* Bring your design to mass production by setting factory test requirements, assisting in software bring up, traveling on-site to the manufacturer to ensure the design is built and tested successfully.
* Work with and manage suppliers/manufacturing partners to establish mutually beneficial relationships for future product designs.
* BA/BS degree in Electrical Engineer or Electrical and Computer Engineering, or equivalent practical experience.
* 5 years of work experience in consumer electronics/embedded systems design.
* Experience with CE product development.
* Ability to travel internationally up to 20% of the time.
* Experience with embedded systems, processor selection, communication protocols (i.e. USB C, SPI, I2C, UART, MIPI, DSI), analog design, sensor design, low power design, audio acoustics, Cadence/Allegro and RF technologies.
* Experience with design of cell phone baseband
* Hands-on experience in prototype bring-up and debugging, functional verification and manufacturing support, and Python scripting
* Strong EE fundamentals, including ability to design, layout, and test power, battery and USB charging circuits
* Enjoys being hands-on in the lab (soldering, oscilloscopes, data acquisition), detail-oriented and passionate for engineering.
* * *
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
**To all recruitment agencies:** Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Location:Chicago, IL, 60664, USA