Electrical Engineer, Neuromodulation, Implants, Verily Life Sciences
- Electronics Engineer
Job Title:Electrical Engineer, Neuromodulation, Implants, Verily Life Sciences
Verily Life Sciences is focused on shifting health care from a reactive, undifferentiated approach to a proactive, targeted approach by transforming the detection, prevention, management and even our basic understanding of disease.
As an Electrical Engineer at Verily, you will be responsible for electronic system for highly miniaturized medical devices, including designing, fast prototyping and testing. You will work closely with a cross-functional engineering team to prototype, develop, test, and launch new hardware products to help move healthcare from reactive to proactive.
The Verily Life Sciences team is focused on helping to move healthcare from reactive to proactive. Combining expertise from the fields of biology, chemistry, physics, medicine, electrical engineering, computer science, we’re developing new technology tools for physicians that can integrate easily into daily life and help transform the detection, prevention, and management of disease. Current projects in development include a smart contact lens with miniaturized glucose sensor; a nanodiagnostics platform to help with early detection of disease; and Liftware utensils for people with tremor. For more information, please see our website.
* Work with cross-functional teams to define electronic system based on system-level requirements and tradeoffs.
* Design electronic system for highly miniaturized electronic devices, especially at PCB level. Characterization and test of designed electronic system.
* Identify, select and qualify key electronic components for electronic system in miniaturized medical devices.
* Identify and qualify key vendors and partners for electronics integration and manufacturing.
* Provide fast prototyping electronic system designs with in-house teams and support from vendors, including integration with a variety of electronic components.
* MS degree in Electrical Engineering or related technical degree or equivalent practical experience.
* 4 years relevant work experience.
* Experience with complicated PCB design.
* Experience with reliability testing and components qualification.
* PhD in Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering or related technical degree and 2 years work experience in medical device or other regulated industry.
* 5 years experience on reliability and components qualification.
* Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-pace research and development environment.
* * *
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
**To all recruitment agencies:** Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Location:South San Francisco, CA, 94080, USA
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Electrical Engineer Jobs
- View more Engineering Jobs
- View more Electronics Engineer Jobs
- View more Google Jobs