Electrical Engineer Intern-Summer 2017
- Electronics Engineer
Job Title:Electrical Engineer Intern-Summer 2017
As a vertically integrated manufacturer, we design, develop and support military and commercial avionics displays using the latest engineering tools, providing an innovative engineering environment. Our vision is to provide the best value for our customers by investing in and evolving our products. To reach this goal we need creative and innovate thinkers. Every individual in our company brings to the table a unique background and perspective, a unique set of abilities. Those differences are assets and resources that will determine our success. To compete and win in this industry we continually strive to create an environment where everyone is a valued member of the team with the opportunity to maximize his or her personal contribution. Limitless possibilities exist when different ideas, backgrounds and ways of getting the job done exist. We want you to be a part of our workforce.
We have an exciting internship opportunity within our Electrical Engineering group. As an intern with L-3, you'll get valuable training and experience while you continue to earn your degree.
The Electrical Engineering Intern will assist in the design and development of electronic equipment on military/commercial aircraft and test stations. The design work includes creating block diagrams, schematics, parts lists, and firmware using tools such as Mentor Graphics xDxDesigner, Xilinx Vivado, Altera Quartus, and ModelSim. The Intern will begin by supporting the design activity of a senior level design engineer, but this responsibility will grow such that the intern can independently complete portions of a design or entire designs. The Intern will work as part of a cross-functional development team with other Electrical Engineers, Mechanical Engineers, and System Engineers, Software Engineers, and Manufacturing personnel. The Intern will also be responsible for design analyses including such attributes as power, derating, tolerance, and bandwidth calculations. L3 Interns have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of tasks and systems throughout the work assignment duration.
* /Key Responsibilities:/ *
* Assist Electrical Engineers with Hardware design, FPGA design or simulation.
* Assist Test Engineers with the design, build and integration of specialized test equipment.
* Rising Junior or Senior actively enrolled in an Electrical Engineering degree program at an accredited university
* Familiarity with ECAD tools, coding languages PYTHON, VHDL, Verilog, LabView and/or C a plus.
* Fluency with Microsoft Access and Excel is a plus.
* Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
* Ability to work in a team environment
* Ability to handle multiple task concurrently and with competing deadlines
* Willingness to relocate if necessary
* Prefer previous additional internship or other Co-Op experience
* Prefer candidates that have a desire to grow their internship with L-3 by returning in alternating semesters
***MUST BE A US CITIZEN***
L-3 is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L-3 provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. L-3 maintains a drug free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. L-3 Display Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage minorities, women, veterans and disabled individuals to apply.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity
**Organization:** **Division - Display Systems-20000040*
**Title:** *Electrical Engineer Intern-Summer 2017*
**Requisition ID:** *086418*
Location:Alpharetta, GA, 30009, USA
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Electrical Engineer Jobs
- View more Engineering Jobs
- View more Electronics Engineer Jobs
- View more L3 Technologies Jobs