Electrical Engineer III / Sr.
Arizona Public Service
Job Title:Electrical Engineer III / Sr.
Designing Power Plant Systems, Field Engineering & Construction, Engineering Design Standards and Codes, Project Scope Definition, Scheduling, Cost Estimating, and Economic Analyses.
The Electrical Engineer will utilize skills related to:
* Engineered Drawings and Schedules
* One Line Diagram; Three Line Diagram; Phasing Diagram; and System Protection Diagrams
* Power Plan, Elevations, & Details; and Lighting Plan, Elevation, & Details
* Panel board Schedules; Cable Schedules; and Conduit Schedules
* Plant Electrical Systems and Equipment
* Electrical generators ranging in size from a few kW to hundreds of MW
* Excitation systems for turbo generators both static and rotating
* Generator Circuit Breakers
* Variable Frequency Drives ranging in size from a few horsepower to several thousand horsepower
* Electrical power cable properties for diverse cable types ranging up to service voltage of 15,000 Volts
* Circuit breakers ranging from typical molded case breakers to 15,000 Volt 3,000 Ampere.
* Medium Voltage (1 to 15 kV) switchgear.
* Surge Arrestors
* Fast Bus Transfers
* Motor Bus Transfers
* Relaying for overcurrent, differential, under voltage, synchronization, impedance and other typical functions associated with industrial power systems.
* Relaying types range from discreet electro-mechanical to modern computerized.
* Electric motors ranging from fractional horsepower to several thousand horsepower operating at 15kV.
* Electrical raceways (i.e. duct bank, trench ways, conduit types, cable tray, non-segregated bus, isolated phase bus).
* Industrial DC Battery Chargers, Switchboards and battery banks
* Industrial Uninterruptable Power Supplies (UPS) up to 480 Volts.
* Lighting fixtures and systems (Incandescent, HID, LED) up 1,000 Watts
* Miscellaneous instrumentation and controls components (PTs, CTs, thermocouples, motor starters, etc.)
* Load Flow Analysis, Short Circuit Analysis, and Relay Coordination
* Analysis and Specification
* Arc Flash Risk Assessment; Medium & Low Voltage Switchgear Specification; DC Charging & Storage Systems
* Power Transformer Specifications
* Load Flow, Short Circuit, Selective Coordination
* Technical Software
* EnoServe PowerBase 7; ETAP; SEL Accelerator; and GE EnerVista
**Minimum Requirements ENGINEER III: **
* Requires Bachelor's degree in Engineering (applicable engineering discipline specific to area of assignment) or Professional Engineer designation plus five (5) years working experience or 9 years equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Must possess comprehensive knowledge of energy analysis, engineering applications, business, and finance, working knowledge of applicable codes, standards, practices, and methods in the area of individual's discipline.
* EIT/FE and Certified Energy Managers certificate preferred.
* Must have good understanding of construction, operating and engineering practices; safety rules; company policies and union agreements.
**Minimum Requirements SR ENGINEER:**
* Requires Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (applicable engineering discipline specific to area of assignment) plus eight (8) years engineering experience, or Professional Engineer designation plus eight (8) years engineering experience or 12 years equivalent combination of technical education and experience. (Fossil requirements; the latter is to be approved by a Technical Review Board).
* Must possess in depth knowledge of energy analysis, engineering applications, business, and finance, applicable codes, standards practices and methods in the area of assigned discipline.
* In-depth understanding of construction, operating and engineering practices safety rules company policies and union agreements.
* Arizona PE (or on path to obtain)
* Familiarity with Lock-Out-Tag-Out Processes
* Working Knowledge in Productivity Software: Microsoft Office, MAXIMO, EPMS (i.e. FGES)1
This position may require access to and/or use of information subject to control under the Department of Energy's Part 810 Regulations (10 CFR Part 810), the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) (15 CFR Parts 730 through 774), or the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) (22 CFR Chapter I, Subchapter M Part 120) (collectively, "U.S. Export Control Laws"). Therefore, some positions may require applicants to be a U.S. person, which is defined as a U.S. Citizen, a U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), a Political Asylee, or a Refugee under the U.S. Export Control Laws. All applicants will be required to confirm their U.S. person or non-US person status. All information collected in this regard will only be used to ensure compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws, and will be used in full compliance with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of national origin and other factors. For positions at Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Stations (PVNGS) all openings will require applicants to be a U.S. person.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
*Job Title:* Electrical Engineer III / Sr.
*Job ID:* 20170010
*Full/Part Time:* Full-Time
Company:Arizona Public Service