Electrical Engineer II - Test Support
- Circuits and Systems
Job Title:Electrical Engineer II - Test Support
L-3 Cincinnati Electronics seeks a full time Electrical Engineer to serve as anElectrical Engineer II supporting rocket avionics, satellite communications, and infrared camera automated test systems and resolving unit test failures. The individual will learn all aspects of the products’ systems and circuits, understand how the products are manufactured and tested, and become the primary expert and technical point of contact for all questions and concerns that arise. This is a key position within our engineering organization.
Working together with electronics technicians and manufacturing staff, the individual will lead system, module, and circuit level troubleshooting activities down to the component level as necessary, document failures, write Corrective Actions for failures, and write Preventive Actions to prevent recurrence.
The individual will interface with internal engineering and manufacturing management, program managers, and commercial and government customer representatives on technical matters. In this capacity, the individual will work with other stakeholders to balance troubleshooting activities with ongoing production needs, and raise concerns when findings could impact already shipped product or future builds.
· Electrical Engineering BSEE degree, or strong equivalent degree and experience.
· 5-10 years experience in exemplary system, module, andelectronic circuit-leveltroubleshooting skills to root cause.
· Strong ability to research and understand the impact of failure modes.
· Comfortable with making technical decisions related to a core product line.
· Ability to lead and mentor others through the troubleshooting process.
· Strong technical writing skills, including the ability to craft troubleshooting plans.
· Aerospace experience, especially working with flight critical systems.
o Experience on rocket avionics or satellite systems is a big plus.
· Experience working in an electronics manufacturing environment.
· Experience with LabVIEW, Test Stand, c/c , Python or any scripting language is a plus.
· Experience troubleshooting/analyzing DC/DC power supplies, buck converters, Regulators etc.
· Experience simulating Analog circuitry using PSpice or LTSpice
· Experience troubleshooting/analyzing precision analog telemetry circuits
L-3 Cincinnati Electronics (CE) is a Division of L-3 Communications and is located in Mason, Ohio near Cincinnati. CE is an established pioneer in space exploration and military/defense technology. A leader in high technology and engineering services, CE is world renowned for its expertise in the areas of infrared detection and space & missile electronics. As a first-rank engineering and production company, CE is engaged in the design, development, and manufacture of highly-sophisticated electronics equipment that is used in a variety of product areas for government, civil and commercial applications.
Headquartered in New York City, L-3 Communications (NYSE: LLL) is the 6th largest Defense Contractor, employs approximately 61,000 people worldwide, and is a prime contractor in aircraft modernization and maintenance, Command, Control, Communications, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C3ISR) systems and government services. L-3 is also a leading provider of high technology products, subsystems and systems.
"Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity.”
**Organization:** **Division - Cincinnati Electronics-20000032*
**Title:** *Electrical Engineer II - Test Support*
**Requisition ID:** *085809*
Location:Cincinnati, OH, 45217, USA
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Electrical Engineer Jobs
- View more Engineering Jobs
- View more Circuits and Systems Jobs
- View more L3 Technologies Jobs