Electrical Engineer II Senior - (E2)
- Electronics Engineer
Job Title:Electrical Engineer II Senior - (E2)
The individual selected for this position will be a skilled “hands-on” electrical engineer with diverse technical capabilities. The individual must be a self-starter with proven development experience working with electronic hardware and related test equipment.
In support of development and production hardware, the engineer will be expected to leverage their electrical engineering expertise to perform circuit and CCA design and analysis, FPGA/CPLD designs, technical trade studies, analog/digital/mixed signal interface design, reverse engineer legacy designs, component selection, evaluation of technology insertion/upgrades, and laboratory test and troubleshooting.
With a product focus, the individual is also expected to actively partner with operations personnel to resolve technical issues that are discovered during manufacture and test of deliverable hardware. This will include evaluating and troubleshooting box and circuit card level issues, assess test faults for root cause, identify disposition/corrective actions, and evaluate test equipment performance and integrity.
The selected electrical engineer is expected to have applicable experience in the following areas:
· Digital design and troubleshooting in the area of embedded processors, microcontrollers, and VHDL based FPGAs that provide capability and functionality to a larger system
· Analog and Mixed Signal design and troubleshooting (amplifiers, A/D and D/A conversion, power supplies, instrumentation, electro-optics, etc.)
· Excellent working knowledge of common electronic circuits and components
· State-of-the-art electrical engineering design tools (schematic capture and simulation)
· Design and manufacturing standards associated with complex multilayer CCAs
· Strong “hands-on” laboratory skills (electronic lab/test equipment (oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, emulators, debuggers, etc.), soldering, safety procedures, etc.)
· Working experience with Interface standards including communication buses (i.e. RS 232, RS-422, RS 485, DeviceNet, Ethernet)
· Standard backplane buses including VME, PCI, PCIE
The ideal candidate will thrive in a learning environment that encourages leadership and technical growth.
**Required Skills and Education:**
Required Education: Bachelor's degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering with 8+ years of experience OR a Master’s Degree and 5+ years of experience
- Solid electrical engineering design and analytical fundamentals
- Demonstrated experience in Product Support of semiconductor process equipment
- Understanding of complex electronics manufacturing and test methodologies
- Experience with state-of-the-art electrical engineering development tools (preferably Cadence)
- Strong computer skills in basic MS office and technical programs
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Motivated self-starter and problem solver who is effective in a small team environment
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
**Primary Location:** India-Karnataka-IND,Bangalore
**Job Title:** Electrical Engineer II Senior - (E2)
**Requisition ID:** 1604749
**Shift:** Day Job
**Travel:** Yes, 20 % of the Time
**Posting Type:** Internal / External
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Electrical Engineer Jobs
- View more Engineering Jobs
- View more Electronics Engineer Jobs
- View more Applied Materials Jobs