Electrical Engineer II
DRS Technologies, Inc.
- Instrumentation and Measurement
Job Title:Electrical Engineer II
DRS Technologies is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Crystal City, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Finmeccanica S.p.A. which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website atwww.drs.com.
DRS Power & Control Technologies, Inc., is a leading supplier of high-performance power conversion and instrumentation & control systems for the U.S. Navy’s combatant fleet. Products include ship electric propulsion equipment, power electronics equipment, high-performance networks, shipboard control equipment and control panels, tactical displays and specialty reactor plant instrumentation and control equipment. The Division designs, qualifies and manufactures products that help people every day on the ground, sea and in the air. We operate on a 9/80 work schedule, all employees work 80 hrs in 9 days and have every other Friday off.
*Job Location: *Milwaukee, WI
Involved with the design, development, modification and analysis of Power Engineering and/or Power Electronic Engineering. Troubleshoots and diagnoses malfunctions in existing products or systems and makes recommendations as appropriate. Compiles and evaluations design and test data. Analyzes and recommends design approaches.
*Duties and Responsibilities*
* Design, develop, analyze, document and support testing of moderately-complex products, systems or subsystems
* Ability to complete a technical project independently and mentor and coach other engineers. Review customer specifications and requirements, and develop designs to best support them, including cost as a key design variable
* Development of control algorithms, including firmware development and hardware design
* Provide budget, cost and schedule input for design assignments
* Document component and subsystem specifications and material requirements
* Recommend supplier components, subsystems and services
* Support the program design to cost and design for manufacture requirements
* Develop prototypes to retire key development risks
* Communicate clearly (written and oral) with manufacturing, supply chain, program management and the customer as required
* Interact with technical management, other professionals, technicians and support personnel to coordinate, recommend and confer regarding technical activities and progress
* Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
* Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent education and experience.
* 5+ years of detailed design experience, including proven analog and digital control circuit design experience
* Strong verbal and written communication skills to aid interactions within Electrical Engineering, other internal departments and external customers.
* Detail oriented, highly organized, and able to ensure multiple assignments are completed properly and on time.
* Able to effectively muti-task and handle changing work assignments, schedules, and priorities.
* Extensive PC skills in Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Windows, etc.
* Candidates must be a US citizen and meet DRS security standards as imposed by DoD, including the issuance of any necessary security clearance by the US government within a reasonable time after commencement of employment.
*Additional Desirable Qualifications Skills and Knowledge*
* Experience with designing and controlling power electronic circuits of various topologies including buck, boost, half bridge, full bridge, and inverter.
* Experience in programing FPGA /CPLD devices is a plus
* Experience with the use of Pulse-width modulation (PWM) controllers, digital logic, analog signal processors, isolation amplifiers, Power Factor Correction (PFC) control IC’s, AC/DC ad DC/AC converters, and a wide assortment of power slectronic devices.
* Experience developing military products and familiarity with military specifications.
* Bid & Proposal experience.
* Capable of up to 10% travel, including air.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee requires normal manual dexterity, speech and hearing. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to thirty-five (35) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job require frequent use of a computer monitor.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
DRS Technologies, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.
/Candidates must be a US citizen and meet DRS security standards as imposed by DoD, including the issuance of any necessary security clearance by the US government within a reasonable time after commencement of employment. #JS #MCSS/
Company:DRS Technologies, Inc.
Location:Milwaukee, WI, 53208, USA
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Electrical Engineer Jobs
- View more Engineering Jobs
- View more Instrumentation and Measurement Jobs
- View more DRS Technologies, Inc. Jobs