Electrical Engineer II - (E2)
Job Title:Electrical Engineer II - (E2)
Demonstrates higher level knowledge and skills within own discipline. Solves varied and moderately complex problems. Exhibits knowledge of the company, processes and customers.
1. Define novel inspection systems concepts and configurations.Collects, analyzes data and designs statistically valid experiments.
2. Designs and engineers modules.Qualifies modules / sub-modules Design, perform, collect and analyze data on advanced substrate, technologies and concepts for a range of new products
3. Develop new or modified inspection and metrology systems.Performs research and analysis in physics or related subjects. Supports physics related application and system issues in the lab and in the field when required.
4. Define system requirements and specifications. Troubleshoot system problems. Collect and analyze data for solving physics related application issues.
5. Plan projects involving definitions and selection of new concepts and approaches in the physics of development of new or improved tool.
6. Participates in vendor selection and project management.
7. Guide less experienced physicists/scientists.
8. Evaluate new technologies, pursue innovative solutions and evaluate competitors.Conduct tests of new technologies under evaluation.Participate in feasibility studies of new technologies.
+ **** Demonstrates expanded conceptual knowledge in own discipline and broadens capabilities
+ Understands key business drivers; uses this understanding to accomplish own work
+ No supervisory responsibilities but provides informal guidance to new team members
+ Solves problems in straightforward situations; analyzes possible solutions using technical experience and judgment and precedents
+ Impacts quality of own work and the work of others on the team; works within guidelines and policies
+ Explains complex information to others in straightforward situations
+ Strong Linux skills; experience setting up Linux servers and network connectivity with various circuit boards, DNS mask, IP address acquisition, encryption key exchange, loading firmware updates, experience with debugging electronic failures
+ Experience with cabling, wiring, connectors, and designing and building lab support equipment such as switch boxes, signal distribution boxes and power supplies
+ Experience with LabView software for operating cameras, sensors and motors
+ Excellent dexterity and attention to detail for working with fragile, delicate and complex optical devices
+ Bachelor's Degree EE
+ 1 - 2 Years of Experience
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
**Primary Location:** Oregon-OR,Hillsboro
**Job Title:** Electrical Engineer II - (E2)
**Requisition ID:** 1701188
**Shift:** Day Job
**Travel:** Yes, 10 % of the Time
**Posting Type:** Internal / External
Location:Hillsboro, OR, 97123, USA
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Electrical Engineer Jobs
- View more Engineering Jobs
- View more Management Jobs
- View more Applied Materials Jobs