Electrical Engineer I
Job Title:Electrical Engineer I
At Honeywell, our people are driven by a desire to contribute, be challenged and grow. Our people make Honeywell a special company and are a key competitive advantage. Honeywell is a Fortune 100 company that invents and manufactures technologies to address some of the world’s toughest challenges linked to global macrotrends such as energy efficiency, clean energy generation, safety and security, globalization and customer productivity. With approximately 132,000 employees worldwide, including more than 22,000 engineers and scientists, we have an unrelenting focus on performance, quality, delivery, value and technology in everything we make and do.
Honeywell’s Federal Manufacturing & Technologies business manufactures sophisticated mechanical, electronic and engineered-material components for our nation's defense system. Honeywell manages the U. S. Department of Energy’s National Security Campus, where we research, develop and deploy some of the most advanced design and manufacturing technologies in use in the United States today. Honeywell is on the leading edge of supplying engineering and manufacturing expertise for our nation's defense and national security.
* Entry level position performing routine engineering functions on assigned projects or sub-projects of a general nature and entry level scope by applying standard mathematical, physical science, and/or chemical, plastic or similar engineering technologies.
* Completes assignments with detailed instructions in the design and/or project management of new and current projects, products, programs, components, tools and acceptance equipment under technical guidance of higher level engineers or departmental management.
* Participates in establishing operating procedures on new products and components.
* Assists in the development of test procedures and performance of routine to moderately complex engineering evaluation tests, product and process capability studies, quality audits, product or project data reviews, and other engineering evaluation work.
* Evaluates opportunities for defect prevention based on standard or accepted solutions.
* Prepares evaluation reports, analyzes discrepancies, and makes recommendations for product, test equipment, procedures and manufacturing or operating processes that improve productivity and quality and reduce flow time.
* Assists in the preparation of product or project definitions, manufacturing drawings and specifications, and test equipment designs.
* Defines and acquires tooling, gauging and other equipment necessary to manufacture parts and to assure product quality.
* Interacts with design agencies, suppliers and/or internal organizations to assist in resolving design, development, productions and acceptance issues.
* Provides technical assistance in appropriate assigned field.
* Evaluates and makes recommendations regarding technological advances that improve productivity and quality, reduce flow time, and enhance operational surety.
* May perform other duties as required.
* Conducts activities in a safe and healthy manner and works in accordance with established ES&H requirements to ensure the protection of associates, the public, and the environment. Takes actions necessary to stop work when an unsafe condition or action is identified. Every associate has the right and responsibility to stop work when unsafe conditions or actions are identified
* Bachelor's degree in electrical, physics, optics, computer engineering, or equivalent from an accredited engineering program.
* This position requires U.S. citizenship and ability to obtain and maintain a government security clearance, due to ITAR restrictions.
* To meet policy standards must graduate no more than 12 months before your start date.
* Experience and/or internship in an engineering function preferred.
* Knowledge of continuous improvement methodologies including Six Sigma.
* Effective communication skills for interacting at all levels of the business, including verbal, written and presentation skills.
* Applied knowledge of standard office and engineering desktop systems and applications.
* Willingness to travel.
Reviews and tests for the absence of any illegal drug as defined in 10 CFR 707.4 will be conducted by Honeywell FM&T. In addition, a background investigation by the Federal government will be required to obtain an access authorization prior to employment, and subsequent reinvestigations will be required. If the position is covered by the Counterintelligence Evaluation Program regulations at 10 CFR 709, successful completion of a counterintelligence evaluation may include a counterintelligence-scope polygraph examination.
To learn more about Honeywell Aerospace, please visit:http://aerospace.honeywell.com/
**Title:** *Electrical Engineer I*
**Location:** *MO-Kansas City*
**Requisition ID:** *00343838*
Location:Kansas City, MO, 64106, USA
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Electrical Engineer Jobs
- View more Engineering Jobs
- View more Energy Jobs
- View more Honeywell Jobs