Electrical Engineer I
DRS Technologies, Inc.
- Circuits and Systems
Job Title:Electrical Engineer I
*DRS Technologies, Inc.*
DRS Technologies is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Washington, DC, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website atwww.drs.com.
DRS Electro Optical Infrared Systems (EOIS) is primarily located in Dallas, Texas and Melbourne, Florida. We develop, manufacture, and support infrared and electro-optical solutions for soldiers, ground vehicles and airborne platforms. We offer an exciting and challenging work environment, a competitive salary and benefits package, and a business culture that rewards performance.
Developing Talent and Culture at a World Class Company!
As an Electrical Engineer you will design and oversee the manufacture of electrical circuits and circuit cards while interfacing with other team members representing a wide range of disciplines, including integrated circuit design, test engineering, software engineering, mechanical design, and system design. You will work closely with senior members of the Electrical Engineering team, including a mentor, to learn techniques and approaches to design, manufacturing and test.
Specific job tasks include:
• Circuit card design including requirements definition, component selection, schematic capture, printed circuit board (PCB) layout, verification testing, and documentation
• Design, integration, and test of complex analog and digital circuits including digital signal processing
• Verification of system level requirements
*Basic Qualifications and Required Skills*
* Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
* GPA 3.0 or higher
* Internship or co-op work experience highly valued
* 1-2 years’ experience preferred, but not required
* Familiarity with PC applications including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
* The successful candidate will demonstrate a clear dedication to taking ownership of his or her work, a drive to not leave tasks incomplete or not understood, and be absolutely committed to how he or she can help team mates be successful.
*Duties and Responsibilities*
* Design electronic circuits, select components, and capture schematics
* Support senior Electrical Engineers in defining electronic architectures including power supplies, analog video chains, digital processing circuits for infrared camera systems
* Troubleshoot and debug electronic circuits
* Oversee layout of Printed Circuit Boards
* Work with PCB and CCA manufacturers to procure CCAs
* Execute Design Verification Testing of CCAs
* Facilitate design reviews and customer/supplier interactions as required
* Design, develop, analyze, document and support testing of products, systems, and subsystems
* Communicate clearly (written and oral) with other company personnel and customers as required
* Provide technical knowledge and assistance to other engineers and support personnel
* Able to work on multiple assignments and with multiple teams simultaneously
* Excels in problem solving and troubleshooting
* Other duties as assigned
*Desired Qualifications and Skills*
* Experience with or exposure to schematic tools (Cadence, Mentor, Altium, other)
* Basic software programming experience (C, C++, Java, Visual Studio, other)
* Experience with or exposure basic lab equipment (Oscilloscopes, volt meters, other)
Only candidates that meet the qualifications as outlined above will be contacted for further information.
Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.*Only US citizens are eligible for a Security Clearance.*
DRS Technologies, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. #C4ISR
Company:DRS Technologies, Inc.
Location:Dallas, TX, 75219, USA
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Electrical Engineer Jobs
- View more Engineering Jobs
- View more Circuits and Systems Jobs
- View more DRS Technologies, Inc. Jobs