Job Title:Electrical Engineer
/*This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holding Inc.*/
At Pactiv, continuous innovation and development has secured our place as one of the world's largest manufacturers and distributors of foodservice and food packaging products. Pactiv currently produces custom and stock foam, plastic, aluminum, pressed-paperboard, PE coated board, and molded-fiber packaging. Our global force of almost 12,000 team members allows us to supply packers, processors, supermarkets, restaurants, institutions and foodservice industries around the world. Over the years, Pactiv has consistently outpaced the competition in safety, innovation and strategic acquisitions. Want to learn more? Visit www.Pactiv.com.
* Assumes responsibility for capital projects from proposal, through design and implementation.
* Performs an assortment of engineering duties such as the planning of manufacturing, and the installation, operation, and maintenance of electrical equipment.
* Develops specifications for equipment as well as performance requirements; sets schedule of procedures and maintenance tasks as required to maintain equipment in prescribed condition.
* Advises internal customers of delays, changes and/or problems.
* Assist with maintaining up to date library of PLC programs.
* Providing support on PLCs, DC drives as well as maintaining drawings and documentation of control processes and schematics. Perform the day to day hardware and software enhancements for the continuous improvement of overall plant operations.
* Work with maintenance personnel in the development of electrical and control designs.
* Assist maintenance with technical problems with plant systems and equipment. Support maintenance with spare parts recommendations, train maintenance personnel, and keep electrical system documentation up to date in both the maintenance library and at machine locations.
* Communicates effectively with employees, supervisors and managers in troubleshooting equipment to ensure minimal equipment downtime and peak equipment efficiency.
* Scheduling routine maintenance on the plant electrical distribution equipment, and providing on-call support for maintenance.
* Verifies system performance by testing functioning of installed equipment.
* Bachelors Degree in Electrical engineering (or equivalent knowledge gained through years of experience) with knowledge of power distribution systems and digital controls.
* A minimum of 5 years experience in a fast paced manufacturing role is required.
* This position requires Strong analytical skills and attention to detail are a must.
* Candidates must be able to program solid state DC drives and PLCs.
Pactiv is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status, or any other characteristics protected by law. Applicants with physical or mental disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may request assistance by calling us at (847)482-4320 or faxing us at (847)615-6409. Please indicate, in your call or on your fax, that you need assistance. #CB2 "IND1P" #LI-TM1
Location:Grottoes, VA, 24441, USA