Electrical Engineer- Field Services- Newark
- Electronics Engineer
Job Title:Electrical Engineer- Field Services- Newark
Electrical Engineer- Field Services- Newark-TAME-USNJ01124871
ELECTRICAL ENGINEER- FIELD SERVICES
REQUISITION NUMBER: TAME-USNJ01124871
Bombardier Transportation is a world-wide leader in rail technology. From mainline to metro, light rail to locomotives, our strategy is one of continuous development that provides the most effective and innovative rail solutions for today and tomorrow!
At Bombardier, we provide maintenance services for supporting commuter rail fleets as well as operations and maintenance services for automated rail transit systems. Our network of fleet maintenance and operations services sites include five transit agencies, 11 airports and the Las Vegas Monorail system.
Based in Newark, New Jersey at Bombardier Transportation's operations and maintenance service site located at Newark Liberty International Airport, as the Field Service Engineer you will provide technical support that contributes to the safe and reliable operation of AirTrain. You will be responsible for installation, testing, and maintenance for the rail system and equipment.
In your role you will:
- Provide technical direction for all maintenance, engineering, and repair activities for assigned subsystems;
- Install, troubleshoot, and repair electronic equipment related to assigned rail/equipment subsystem;
- Track system reliability and provide proactive maintenance recommendations in order to reduce failure rates;
- Analyze major service interruptions (MSIs) and produce engineering reports which capture the root causes and contributing factors;
- Develop, deliver, and document appropriate technical training, including testing and certification, to technicians and other personnel;
- Develop and maintain preventive maintenance programs for assigned subsystems in accordance with contractual requirements as well as customer and company directives for specific equipment;
- Initiate, document, and follow through with field requests, temporary change notices, and suggested improvements to systems, components, and procedures;
- Complete special technical tasks unrelated to operations and maintenance as assigned;
- Cooperate and support internal and external audits; provide technical direction for improvements and upgrades to the system, and act as a management representative as required;
- Provide on-site customer support;
- Anticipate and satisfy the customer’s needs.
As our ideal candidate:
- You hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Engineering Technology, Electronics, Information Technology (IT) or related discipline; an Associate’s Degree with equivalent experience will be considered;
- You possess one (1) to three (3) years of experience in a technical field service role with responsibilities related to operations and maintenance;
- You are proficient working with Microsoft Office and other PC applications;
- You demonstrate critical attention to detail and deadlines, and are self-motivated;
- You adapt well to change in direction and priorities in a project and deadline-oriented environment;
- You can operate independently while establishing strong working relationships with co-workers and cross-functional teams;
- Your written and verbal English communication skills are good;
- You are able to lift forty to fifty (40-50) pounds unassisted;
- You must have a valid Driver’s license in good standing;
- You demonstrate flexibility to work a variety of hours as business demands, including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State, or Local Laws.
the evolution of mobility
*Job:* Field Services
*Primary Location:* US-NJ-Newark
*Employee Status:* Regular
Job Posting:* 23.02.2017, 11:23:55 AM
09.04.2017, 11:59:00 PM
Location:Newark, NJ, 07102, USA
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Field Service Engineer Jobs
- View more Engineering Jobs
- View more Electronics Engineer Jobs
- View more Bombardier Jobs