Job Title:Electrical Engineer/EIT
At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That’s why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our*'About Us'*video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
HDR is looking for an*Electrical Engineer/EIT** *to join our Movable Bridge program in Tampa, FL. HDR’s Movable Bridge program has evolved into an international practice that includes design of electrical systems not only for movable bridges but also for other heavy movable structures such as railroad car floats, locks and dams.
In the role of Electrical Engineer/EIT we'll count on you to:
• Conduct analyses to develop electrical design recommendations, performing inspections, and assisting in the preparation of calculations, drawings, cost estimates for final contract documents.
• Work independently on small and large projects, may work as the lead electrical engineer on large projects and high complexity tasks depending on experience level, and will train and assist junior engineers.
• Work may also include efforts ranging from emergency repair response, field inspection, and writing of reports and scoping studies to design and construction support.
• Field work and some travel may be required.
Keyword(s) Electrical Engineer, Movable Bridge, Heavy Movable Structures, job #144253,**LI-MP1
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or closely related field required
• PE or ability to obtain PE license
• 4 years experience in electrical systems is required.
• Prior experience in movable bridges or other kinds of heavy movable structures is required
• Experience in design of electrical power distribution, motor controls, PLC and relay controls, and variable speed drives is preferred.
• Position does involve some overnight travel to project locations
• Proficiency in MS Office and AutoCAD or Microstation is required
• Local candidates are preferred
At HDR, we know work isn’t only about who you work for; it’s also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other’s contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
**Title:** *Electrical Engineer/EIT*
**Requisition ID:** *144253*
Location:Tampa, FL, 33603, USA