Job Title:Electrical Engineer/EIT
At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That’s why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our*'About Us'*video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
The primary duties and responsibilities of the Electrical Engineer/EIT include:
• Perform electrical design and inspection of primarily heavy movable structures such as movable bridges and locks/dams. Work will include design and inspection of the electrical distribution systems, industrial control systems (motor controls, variable speed drives, PLC and/or relay controls) and lighting systems.
• Perform design calculations, conduct investigative analyses toward completion of design tasks, preparation of design drawings, specifications, construction cost estimates and construction schedule.
• Coordinate with multiple engineering disciplines, as required to complete various design tasks.
• The Electrical Engineer/EIT will perform electrical design assignments with instruction from a Project Engineer and / or Project Manager and will work independently on small projects under guidance of a senior engineer.
• Growth into a project engineering and / or project management role is possible and encouraged.
Keyword(s): Electrical EIT, Electrical Engineer, movable bridges, job #144100,**LI-MP1
• BS/MS in Electrical Engineering is required (Specialization in electrical power or control systems would be a plus)
• EIT certification is preferred or the ability to obtain EIT certification
• Experience in design of electrical power distribution, motor controls, PLC and relay controls, and variable speed drives would be a plus.
• Computer skills using AutoCAD and/or Microstation are strongly preferred.
• Previous experience with an engineering consulting firm or experience with heavy movable structures (such as movable bridges), or industrial systems would be a plus.
• Solid background with writing and communication skills
• Occasional travel is required.
• Candidates who reside or can commute locally to the Newark, NJ area are preferred.
• An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must.
At HDR, we know work isn’t only about who you work for; it’s also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other’s contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
**Title:** *Electrical Engineer/EIT*
**Location:** *New Jersey-Newark*
**Requisition ID:** *144100*
Location:Newark, NJ, 07102, USA