- Aerospace and Electronic Systems
Cobham is seeking an Electrical Engineer that will support hardware architecture and trade study development of high reliability aerospace applications. This position is located in Davenport, IA.
- Support hardware architecture and trade study development of high reliability aerospace applications.
- Participate as a member of an integrated product development team to optimize designs and verify electronic/electrical system performance.
- Conceptualize, design, test, and document sub-systems for aircraft safety and survivability.
- Create circuit designs including component selection, schematic capture, modeling, firmware development, and analysis for high-reliability embedded systems.
- Work with board layout designers to ensure design integrity.
- Interface with procurement and suppliers to ensure optimized component sourcing.
- Working with development team, create test procedures for qualification of electronic systems.
- Provide analysis to support electrical circuit changes or approvals.
- Conduct root-cause-analysis and technical investigations for software/hardware designs.
- Work with mechanical and stress engineers to ensure proper packaging of systems.
- Provide engineering assistance to production, service, and repair personnel.
- Provide guidance and assistance to technicians for assembly, testing, and troubleshooting of prototype products
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
To be considered you must apply by going to www.cobham.com/careers
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering (B.S.E.E. or B.E.E.), or a Computer Engineering degree from an ABET accredited program.
- 2+ years of experience in the electrical engineering field.
- Experience designing embedded microprocessors and peripheral interfaces to sensor inputs.
- Experience in conducting critical circuit analysis/simulation using tools such as PSpice.
- Experience writing Technical Presentations for customers and mid-level managers.
- Experience interfacing with representatives from various departments including Business Development, Finance, and Operations.
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Experience with software development in a structured environment
- Knowledge of DO-178 safety of software in airborne applications.
- Knowledge of military aerospace testing standards.
- Experience with requirements management software such as DOORS.
- Experience with Labview.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Electrical Engineer Jobs
- View more Aerospace and Electronic Systems Jobs
- View more Cobham Jobs