Electrical Engineer, Data Center Design, Intern
Job Title:Electrical Engineer, Data Center Design, Intern
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking an Electrical or Mechanical Engineer experienced in the design and operations of Critical Facilities to become part of our data center engineering team. Our datacenters are the foundation upon which our software operates with efficient ease. Building and operating data centers the "right" way from the day they go live is synonymous with ensuring capacity availability and capital conservatism. The data center design engineering team approaches facility design from the chips on the server boards to the facility mechanical and electrical distribution systems which ensure and maximize efficiency of our compute infrastructure.
1. Support the design team in updating project design criteria and develop Basis of Design
2. Review building design drawings and specs through schematic design, design development, to construction documents. Ensure the project meet the business and technical needs defined in the BOD
3. Provide construction administrative support to the project manager during construction. Task include but not limited to, responding to RFI’s, issuance of technical bulletins, review submittals and shop-drawings and conducting source inspections at vendor factories
4. Provide and analyze energy efficient solutions to minimize power losses
5. Travel to datacenter sites for engineering studies, electrical systems audits, startup testing, and full commissioning, as required
6. Review and update data center electrical "as-built" documentation as re-configurations occurs
7. Pursuing a degree in electrical engineering, anticipating graduation between Dec 2017 and Fall 2018
8. Must have effective written and verbal communications skills
9. Strong trouble shooting and analytical skills
10. Professional Engineer registration or working towards (EIT examination complete) is a plus
11. Work experience in building design and construction Data center or mission critical design, construction, operations is preferred
12. Familiar with industry standards, building codes and safety standards, a plus
13. Familiar with construction process and cost estimating process, a plus
14. Familiar with AutoCAD, Revit, CFM or SKM software a plus
15. Ability to obtain and maintain work authorization in the United States in 2017
**Equal Opportunity:** As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Facebook is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or you may call us at 1+650-308-7837.