- Design/Development Engineering
Job Title:Electrical Engineer
*Electrical Engineer – Sensors Hardware and Software
We are seeking an Electrical Design Engineer to join our product design team at our Columbus, OH facility. Candidates with new product development (NPD) and sensor design experience are preferred.
Relocation is available for this position.
This person will be working in the New Product Development team on sensor design projects within Honeywell’s Sensing and IoT business. These sensors will integrate Honeywell’s leading edge sensor technology with advanced signal conditioning circuits to develop new products to be used in Medical, Industrial, and Commercial applications. This person will be a key member of the engineering team that develops Pressure, Airflow, and Force sensors by defining, coordinating, and completing electrical engineering activities within these key New Product Development Initiatives. To learn more about Honeywell’s Sensing and IoT business and products, please visit http://sensing.honeywell.com.
/Note: Based on regulations related to the products being manufactured, candidates must be a U.S. citizen or have U.S. Permanent Resident status to be considered for the position./
• Performs sensor electrical design functions on cross functional New Product Development team. Tasks include defining customer requirements, developing and selecting best concepts, detailed product design, design validation and product release.
• Create detailed designs and documentation for sensors, and electrical assemblies.
• Create software for product, production, and/or laboratory use during product development.
• Analyze complex sensor output data sets to develop optimum calibration algorithms.
• Create analog, digital or mixed signal computer models to simulate various concepts.
• Follows a structured New Product Development Process in a global team environment.
• Collaborate with cross functional teams to create test plans for concept, design and production release validation testing. Other groups include simulation, reliability, drafting, and test.
• Employs DFSS tools and methodology throughout the design process.
• Interfaces with customers, sales, marketing, production and peers in the technical community.
• Produces documentation for customers, production staff and vendors.
• Some domestic and international travel to customers, suppliers, and manufacturing locations.
• Requirement is to have a BS or MS (preferred) in Electrical Engineering
• This position requires 1 year of experience with electronic circuits, laboratory instrumentation, and component testing.
• 1 year of experience with design and implementation of hardware and software for various applications.
• Must be a US person (US citizen, US permanent resident or individual with protected status i.e. asylum/refugee) due to US export control laws and regulations.
• 3 years of sensor electrical design engineering experience.
• 3 years of experience with sensor signal conditioning, ADC’s, ASIC's and microcontrollers in products, circuits, and systems.
• Highly skilled in MATLAB, Lab VIEW, C , C, and/or Visual Basic.
• Experience in digital compensation techniques.
• Experience in circuits and systems and laboratory instrumentation e.g. multi-meters, power supplies, oscilloscopes, and data acquisition hardware; GPIB control.
• Experience with hardware (electronics, embedded devices, circuit design) and/or firmware (HDL/embedded C programming).
• This person will be responsible for development and implementation of hardware and software for various applications and systems. Embedded software development experience is desired.
• Previous experience with sensor design and development.
• Master’s degree in electrical engineering preferred.
• Excellent written, oral communication and presentation skills.
• Proficient with MS Office Professional programs Excel, Powerpoint, and Word.
• Project management experience is a plus.
To view and apply for this position, please visit www.careersathoneywell.com and reference job number 333640.
Interested in Honeywell but this isn’t the right job for you? Join Honeywell’s Talent Network to receive updates on other Honeywell employment opportunities, news and more. Click here to sign up: http://careersathoneywell.com/en/Newsletternew.aspx.
**Title:** *Electrical Engineer*
**Requisition ID:** *00333640*
Location:Columbus, OH, 43201, USA
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Electrical Engineer Jobs
- View more Engineering Jobs
- View more Design/Development Engineering Jobs
- View more Honeywell Jobs