- Instrumentation and Measurement
Job Title:Electrical Engineer
The MWH, now part of Stantec, Bellevue office is seeking qualified candidates for a senior-level Electrical Engineer to join our team. MWH, now part of Stantec, organization is a global leader in water-related infrastructure, and serve as the technical lead on some of the most challenging projects we face today. This opportunity applies technical skills and leadership for the planning, design, and management of environmental and industrial projects including water and wastewater treatment facilities (mining, oil/gas, commercial/manufacturing, and food/beverage), pipelines, pump stations and related infrastructure. Candidates for this position should have field and construction experience on complex, highly integrated projects.
This position applies specific knowledge in the areas of:
• Design of substations, main power distribution, and motor control centers (including layout, transformer sizing, automatic transfer switch sizing, bus sizing, breaker sizing and single line diagram preparation);
• Sizing wire and conduit;
• Facility layout of wiring and conduits;
• Design and layout of electrical duct banks and pull boxes;
• Design and layout of area lighting and receptacle systems including panel-board schedules and reflective ceiling plans; and
• Preparation of point to point wiring diagrams.
A working knowledge of instrumentation and controls (I/C), programmable logic controllers (PLC) and supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) systems is desired.
The primary responsibilities for this role will include:
• Applicant shall work in a manner to ensure personal safety and that of fellow employees by following company health and safety guidelines and policies.
• Candidates shall have field and construction experience related to complex systems. Examples would include projects that required modifications to operating systems, strategic replacement of systems while maintaining operations of other upstream and downstream systems, or complex utility relocations.
• Supporting multi-disciplinary teams on various engineering projects, mostly in wet infrastructure such as: headworks, primary clarifiers, aeration basins, secondary clarifiers, disinfection processes, aerobic/anaerobic digestion, solids dewatering and membrane processes.
• Must be able to demonstrate good interpersonal abilities for working in a team environment.
• Performing power system design and studies including preparation of load flow, short circuit, and protective relay coordination.
• Contribute to conceptual report writing and preparation of construction plans and specifications.
• Developing logic diagrams and control schematics for assorted processes.
• Performing calculations for voltage drop, electrical load studies, system power flow, standby generator sizing, and fault study calculations, protective device coordination
• Working on lighting and electrical aspects of fire alarm system design.
• Design of electrical power systems for generation, transmission and distribution, cabling (cable trays and conduits) and wiring, motor control centers, communications systems, grounding and lightning protection, etc.
• Reviewing Contractor’s shop drawing and submittals regarding electrical work and investigating and developing engineered solutions to Contractor’s Requests for Information
• Will participate in field activities including site inspections, shop inspections, equipment commissioning and start-up, equipment performance testing monitoring and other fieldwork.
• Must have experience with electrical equipment such as generators, transformers, switchgear (low and medium voltage) and motor control centers. Experience with protective relaying and metering is a plus. Extensive knowledge of NEC and NFPA is required.
• Must have excellent communication skills and the ability to convey project electrical needs to the project managers and clients and to formulate those needs into comprehensive plans and specifications.
• Must have the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
• Working on CAD (Computer-Aided Design and Drafting) to produce final design documents.
• B.S. in Electrical Engineering.
• Licensed Professional Engineer (PE).
• 8-10 years’ experience, preferably in water, wastewater and/or industrial waste treatment facilities or related projects. With a minimum of 4 years in related work experience.
• Field engineering and construction experience on at least three complex projects.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to prepare complete, concise and organized engineering calculations and analyses, and to mentor junior staff in accomplishing the same.
• Heavy electrical construction field experience.
• Cover letter explaining your desire and experience working in the industrial wastewater industry and why you would be the best fit at MWH, now part of Stantec.
• Detailed resume including chronological work experience and relevant academic history.
• A minimum of 3 references at least one being a professional reference.
• Experience in Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs), Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), and Supervisor Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems.
• AutoCAD 12 and advanced 3D/BIM modeling capabilities along with the ability to produce 2D construction documents.
At MWH, we believe growing a great engineering, consulting and construction services company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. We believe that building a great career is as important as _Building a Better World_ .
If working on the best water and natural resources projects around the world, building on your talents through a premier knowledge-sharing culture, and connecting across borders with some of the world’s top talent appeals to you, join us.
MWH Global…we’re looking for opportunities.
MWH is an EEO employer – MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations.
**Location (Multiple Cities or States):**
Location:Bellevue, WA, 98005, USA
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Electrical Engineer Jobs
- View more Engineering Jobs
- View more Instrumentation and Measurement Jobs
- View more MWH Jobs