Job Title:Electrical Engineer
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Learns the practical application of engineering principles, achieves expertise in Electrical Engineering, and investigates new techniques as part of a team. Responsible for designing Electrical product/subsystem release solutions.
Duties include (but are not limited to):
1. Designing new products and/or supporting Installed Base of Analog and/or Digital (may include FPGAs) electrical circuit boards, components and interconnects
2. Executes design to engineering standards
3. Works within a team to deliver technical solutions
4. Works with patient/customers and/or technical leadership to ensure that the technical deliverables are consistent with the goals of larger programs, projects or initiatives
5. Seeks mentoring to learn and solve problems
6. Leading design visualization efforts with Electrical CAD and Simulation tools
7. Engaging in all phases of new product development, including concept, architecture, documentation, design, prototype, test, supplier interfaces, manufacturing introduction and service support
8. Identifying and developing new opportunities to leverage Strategic Sourcing objectives and Common Technology initiatives in the modality product line
9. Developing and maintaining maternal Infant care subsystem quality and engineering project funnel
10. Conducting analysis of installed base and new product reliability using FMEA, Weibull Analysis and DFR
11. Defining and executing component design verification
12. Developing innovative designs to meet all requirements for performance, reliability, cost and manufacturability
13. Maintain and develop competence required for the job
1. BS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience (defined as a High School Diploma/GED and 4 to 6 years relevant work experience)
2. Knowledge of standard board designing, product structuring, electronics modeling and drawing practices, and engineering analysis techniques.
3. Experience in electrical designs for analag, digital, display devides and embedded systems.
4. Knowledge of power electronics, integrated circuit design, control system design, programming, simulation & test
5. Low and high voltage DC and AC circuit designs are also required.
6. Experience with Weibull Analysis and DFR tools
Quality Specific Goals:
1. Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position.
2. Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines.
3. Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
1. Masters degree in Electronics Engineering
2. 6+ years relevant work experience - demonstrated technical leadership capability in integration activities
3. Self-starter, energizing, results oriented, and able to multi-task
4. Excellent teamwork, coordination and communication skills
5. prior experience in medical or healthcare industry.
6. Effective oral and written communication skills
7. Global project experience
8. EMC compatible design/solution experience
9. Circuit design and simulation tool experience
10. Knowledge of UL/ETL/IEC standards and how they apply to designs
11. Green Belt/Black Belt Certified
**Locations:** India; Bangalore
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.