Job Title:Electrical Engineer
Leidos is seeking an experienced Electrical Engineer to be a member of ARL-E airframe team with aircraft electrical systems experience. The position requires ability to obtain DoD security clearance.
The qualified engineer will assist with all aspects of airframe electrical design work related to aircraft modifications and mission equipment design and integration. Ideal candidates will also have a strong background in aircraft electrical systems to optimize viable designs and the willingness to work in a shop environment when needed to consult with mission equipment integration staff.
• Support engineering tasks, which includes, but are not limited to the following:
o General electrical engineering design, drafting, and analysis
o Compile technical data
o Architecture development
o Hardware integration
o Test and validate to ensure system designs meet operational requirements
o Troubleshoot, repair, and replace malfunctioning equipment
o Support and servicing of airborne imaging and RF sensors
o Support team QA and CM processes
• Willingness to travel to aircraft hanger and systems integration lab (SIL) sites to meet with team and support integration activities
Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering and 1+ years experience (may include coursework)
• Strong electrical system knowledge
• Experience developing architectures and designing electrical systems with CAD software
• Excellent communications skills to interface with customers and peers
• Strong multitasking and time management skills
• Ability to address issues from internal and external sources
• Eligible to obtain a Top Secret clearance
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Location:ALEXANDRIA, VA, 22303, USA