DynCorp International LLC.
- Quality Control
Job Title:Electrical Engineer
The Electrical Engineer shall provide complete design services including power load determination, exterior electrical, interior electrical, and site lighting designs.
(Typical duties include the following, although specific duties vary by assignment or contract.)
* Performs design work for new construction, renovations and improvement projects for real property facilities.
* Interprets and adapts traditional methods and approaches in developing design calculations, layouts, drawings, and specifications that support project objectives and standards
* Responsible for selected construction inspections, quality control and submittal reviews beyond the expertise of construction managers.
* Develops cost estimates and time schedules, reviews and analyzes preliminary and final designs, plans and specifications for technical efficiency and adequacy.
* Prepares necessary correspondence, technical reports, contract documents, fact sheets and status reports and prepares final construction drawings suitable for obtaining qualified bids from Contractors.
* Monitors and/or manages projects for new construction, renovations and improvements to real property facilities, utilizing a professional knowledge of engineering.
* Responsible for the correct and efficient execution of assigned work involving the installation, removal, inspection, maintenance and repair of all electrical systems, distribution systems and fixtures.
* Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in the assembly, installation and repair of electrical cables, systems power distribution systems, distribution panels, inspections, etc.
* Secures the cooperation of other crafts/trades supervisors and to instill within the assigned electrical staff the cooperative attitude necessary for working closely with other maintenance trade workers
* May at times be obligated to perform actual maintenance and repair work.
* Complies with health, safety and environmental rules and procedures and performs work in a manner that enhances the safety of the work environment.
* Perform other qualified duties as assigned.
**Knowledge & Skills**
* Electrical engineers shall be familiar with local/applicable codes and shall comply with communications requirements and account for them in design documents.
* Capable of complete design services including electric power distribution networks, power load determination, exterior electric, interior electric, and site lighting.
* Working knowledge of Design Review, Project Mobilization, Quality Compliance, QA, Safety, Project Controls, and Capture Management.
* Proficient in AutoCAD 2009 or later, and use AutoCAD to create presentable and accurate facility and infrastructure plans for concept and statement of work requirements for project execution.
* Computer literate; can use Microsoft Office and Project, etc.
* Additional knowledge/skills may be required by contract or assignment.
**Experience & Education**
* Licensed professional electrical engineer (PE) licensed to practice in the US
* Five (5) or more years of design experience
* Have experience with AutoCad software
* Experience in the use of documents relating to the development of projects, contracting, and construction is necessary.
* Additional experience/education may be required by contract or assignment.
**Physical Requirements/Working Environment**
* Living and working conditions at the assignment location could be remote and uncomfortable
* Long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions
* Personnel should be aware of moving on short notice and under adverse conditions
* Ability to travel domestically and internationally
*Primary Location:* UNITED ARAB EMIRATES-OCONUS-AL DHAFRA AIR BASE
*Job Posting:* Nov 9, 2016, 2:47:25 PM
*Unposting Date:* Ongoing
*Req ID:* BSR1601064
Company:DynCorp International LLC.
Location:AL DHAFRA AIR BASE, ARE
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Electrical Engineer Jobs
- View more Engineering Jobs
- View more Quality Control Jobs
- View more DynCorp International LLC. Jobs