Electrical Engineer 6
Job Title:Electrical Engineer 6
**Requisition ID** 17610BR
**Job Title** Electrical Engineer 6
**Job Site Location** California - Walnut Creek
**Home Office Location** Walnut Creek, CA
**Why CDM Smith?** CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.
This position is for a senior level electrical engineer having full technical responsibility for interpreting, organizing, executing, budgeting and coordinating complex assignments. You will be working in the capacity of liaison with individuals and units within and outside of CDM Smith with responsibility for acting independently on technical matters pertaining to electrical design. You will expected to work independently as the electrical lead or as project manager on projects once given assignments in terms of broad general objectives. You will be responsible for new business development activities for both multi-discipline and electrical only type projects. You will be operating in the capacity of a technical and professional leader of staff and as a mentor for lower level employees.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
• Proficiency with designing medium voltage distribution systems including substations, switchgear and standby generation systems.
• Performing electrical calculations for electrical systems using electrical systems analysis software.
• Performing design tasks including lighting layouts, communications, fire alarm, and security systems.
• Modify and prepare equipment detail equipment specifications.
• Developing the electrical plans and specifications for medium to large sized and complex projects with minimal supervision.
• Performing site investigations to confirm and/or identify existing conditions for use in developing electrical design.
• Coordinating with the client, utilities, fire marshal and code enforcement officers.
• Reviewing shop drawings and assist with general construction services.
• Direct lower level staff in developing short circuit, protective relay coordination and arc flash studies using power analysis software.
• Developing of the project scope and budget and provide input for proposal development.
• Developing electrical area classification drawings based on the NEC articles 500 thru 504, NFPA 820.
• 10-13 years of experience since B.S.
• Registration as a licensed Professional Engineer, by successful completion of the NCEES Electrical Engineering Practice Examination is required. If you are not registered in the state in which this position is located, the ability to obtain registration through reciprocity within three months of hire is required.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, MS Excel and MS Power Point) is required.
• Will be required to supervise or coordinate the work of CADD Operators, design technicians and others assisting in specific assignments
• Proficiency with SKM Power*Tools or other electrical system analysis software is preferred
• Candidate must have excellent writing and communication skills.
• Proficient working knowledge of the National Electrical Code is required.
• Proficient in the low and medium voltage electrical distribution design.
• Proficient in developing protective relaying schemes for medium and low voltage distribution systems
• Proficient presentation skills for marketing and new business pursuits are required.
• Proficient in Design Build type delivery and alternative construction methods is a plus.
• Prepare and develop of the Engineer’s opinion of probable construction cost estimates using RS Means and similar construction estimation resources.
• Ability to manage several projects or tasks simultaneously is required.
• Ability to coordinate and assist the department’s group leader with work flow and assignments is required.
• Project management experience is a plus.
• Experience with Project Management Scheduling (MS Projects or Primavera) software is a plus.
**Assignment Category** Fulltime-Regular
**Amount of Travel Required** 20%
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate—as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Location:Walnut Creek, CA, 94597, USA
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Electrical Engineer Jobs
- View more Engineering Jobs
- View more Energy Jobs
- View more CDM Smith Jobs