Electrical Engineer 5
Job Title:Electrical Engineer 5
**Requisition ID** 18254BR
**Job Title** Electrical Engineer 5
**Job Site Location** Massachusetts - Boston
**Home Office Location** Boston, MA
**Why CDM Smith?** CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.
This position requires a fully competent, senior level electrical engineer to apply intensive and diversified knowledge of electrical engineering principles and practices. You will be required to work independently on complex engineering tasks and represent CDM Smith in conferences to resolve important issues as well as to plan and coordinate work. This position requires that the successful candidate have the ability and expertise to use advanced techniques, the modification of and extension of theories, application of precepts and practices of electrical engineering resulting from progressive experience to solve complex engineering issues. You will actively participate or assist in new business development by contributing to strategic planning, marketing, business operations planning and establishing budgets.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
• Performing technical electrical calculations for electrical systems using electrical systems analysis software.
• Leading the electrical design for medium to large sized projects.
• Supervising lower level staff in the design of power distribution, lighting, communications, fire alarm, and security systems.
• Developing the electrical plans and specifications for large complex projects with minimal supervision.
• Performing site investigations to confirm and/or identify existing conditions for use in developing electrical design.
• Coordinating with the client, utilities, fire marshal and code enforcement officers
• Reviewing shop drawings and assist with general construction services.
• Performing short circuit, coordination and arc flash studies using power analysis software.
• Developing of project scope and budget as input for proposals and assisting in proposal development.
• Developing electrical area classification drawings based on the NEC articles 500 thru 504, NFPA 820.
• 7-10 years of experience since B.S.
• Registration as a licensed Professional Engineer, by successful completion of the NCEES Electrical Engineering Practice Examination is required. If you are not registered in the state in which this position is located, the ability to obtain registration through reciprocity within three months of hire is required.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, MS Excel and MS Power Point)
• Supervise or coordinate the work of CADD Operators, technicians and others assisting in specific assignments
• Proficiency with SKM Power*Tools or other electrical system analysis software is preferred
• Prepare and develop of the Engineer’s opinion of probable construction cost estimates using RS Means and similar construction estimation resources.
• Candidate must have excellent writing and communication skills.
• Proficient working knowledge of the National Electrical Code is required.
• Proficient in the low voltage electrical distribution designs with limited proficiency in medium voltage designs.
• Ability to interface with clients and manage client relationships
**Assignment Category** Fulltime-Regular
**Amount of Travel Required** 5%
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate—as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Location:Boston, MA, 02133, USA
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Electrical Engineer Jobs
- View more Engineering Jobs
- View more Energy Jobs
- View more CDM Smith Jobs