Electrical Engineer 3 - Substation
Black & Veatch
Job Title:Electrical Engineer 3 - Substation
Electrical Engineer 3 - Substation
Black & Veatch provides engineering, technology, consulting and construction solutions that span the life cycle of projects in the power generation, power delivery and hydrocarbon process industries. Our services encompass planning, design, procurement, construction, startup, optimization and maintenance.
Provide engineering related design, analysis, and studies for domestic or international substation projects.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provides guidance and direction on department design guides, standards, systems, applicable engineering codes and B&V policies
• Assists in developing, maintaining, and updating engineering standards
• Provide technical guidance to others regarding projects and designs
Quality / Continuous Improvement:
• Independently apply knowledge and complies with the Black & Veatch quality program relative to assigned tasks
• Responsibilities could include ensuring compliance with the Black & Veatch quality program
• Provide related guidance and direction to others
• Support continuous improvement and change management efforts
• Prepare a variety of complex engineering deliverables for larger or multiple projects
• Perform research and develop recommendations for equipment and/or materials selection
• Prepare complex engineering calculations following standard methods and principles
• Communicate status of assigned budget, schedule, and design to Project Manager or Lead Engineer
• Independently apply engineering techniques and analysis problems and methods
• Actively coordinate with other internal and external team members on moderately complex projects
• Responsible for assisting with identification of key client interests and drivers on moderately complex projects
• Communicate client interests and drivers to project team members and assist in developing approaches to accommodate these concerns in the performance of the work
• Provide support to business development or pursuit activities
Knowledge Sharing, Innovation and Technology:
• Serve as a technical specialist and have knowledge and skillset to provide consultation and guidance to project teams in a particular practice area
• Typically supports multiple projects on the technical challenges
• Actively fosters knowledge management and provides mentoring
• Develops and applies advanced engineering concepts and approaches to unique engineering problems
• Ensure policies, procedures, and processes are effectively implemented and communicated for workgroup
• Ensure adherence to corporate and division programs
Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing.
Minimum of 3 years work experience performing engineering related duties, specifically in substation design
Must have the Engineer-In-Training EIT certification or its equivalent, if any, in the home country or the country in which the individual is practicing.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Written Communications
• Drive for Results
• Decision Quality
• Priority Setting
• Planning and Delegation
• Conflict Management
• Dealing with Ambiguity
• Customer Focus
• Technical Savvy
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch
does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status,
genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status,
pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere.
If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.
Company:Black & Veatch
Location:Bloomington, MN, 55431, USA
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Electrical Engineer Jobs
- View more Engineering Jobs
- View more Consulting Jobs
- View more Black & Veatch Jobs