Electrical Engineer 3
Job Title:Electrical Engineer 3
This Systems Engineering position is part of a team that supports the requirements, design, development, test, and integration of complex, specialized hardware/software systems installed on ground and airborne ISR and communication platforms. The System Engineer is expected to:
* Understand physical architectures incorporating voice, video, and data capability across multiple security domains.
* Review and evaluate electrical wiring diagrams to ensure design details trace to system requirements.
* Understand test, integration, verification, and validation planning.
* Write effective verification test procedures ensuring system performance and capabilities meet system requirements.
* Prepare effective presentations to communicate technical information to non-technical professionals.
Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate engineering discipline (Electrical, Systems, Software, Physics, etc.) and a minimum of 5 years’ applicable experience.
Systems Engineering candidates with experience in one or more of the following preferred:
* Configuration and integration of aircraft radio sets (HF, UHF, VHF), satellite communication systems, or cryptographic equipment (KY-58, KY-100, KG-175D).
* Analog and digital video distribution and interconnecting technologies.
* RF distribution systems including RF down-converting, up-converting, transceivers, non-blocking switching, and electrically phase matched distribution architectures.
* Antenna receive and transmit characteristics for various antenna types.
* Knowledge and ability to perform RF propagation analysis through complex RF distribution and switching systems.
* Evaluating expected receiver performance based on modulation scheme, antenna characteristics, distribution architecture, and receiver characteristics.
* Aircraft communication system integration and communications ground/ flight test support.
* Experience working directly with government/military personnel at government/military facilities.
* Experience with Tactical Radios such as PRC 117F, PRC117G, PSC 5, MIDS LVT, ARC 210, EPLRS/SADL radio frequency network.
* Experience with radio wave forms such as UHF, VHF, SINCGARS, HAVEQUICK, ANW2, UHF DAMA SATCOM, and SRW.
* Experience with Tactical Data Links such as LINK 16, JREAP, SAT J, VMF, CDL/TCDL and CoT.
* Knowledge of requirement traceability methods and purpose
* Knowledge of the systems engineering trade study process
* Experience writing subsystem specifications based on system level requirements.
* Experience conducting verification testing
* Excellent written, oral, and presentation communication skills
* Experience working with subcontractors and US Government customers
* Experience developing, authoring, and implementing software and system test plans in a team environment
* Experience working successfully both independently and in a team environment
* Hands-on experience with testing, integrating, and verifying software and/or hardware
*/Position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance at the Secret level which requires U.S. citizenship./*
*/Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity./*
*/We maintain a drug free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks./*
**Title:** *Electrical Engineer 3*
**Requisition ID:** *084362*
Location:Greenville, TX, 75401, USA