Electrical Engineer - 2017 Summer Internship
- Antennas and Propagation
Job Title:Electrical Engineer - 2017 Summer Internship
L3 ComCept is seeking an Electrical Engineering undergraduate for a 2017 Summer Internship. You will perform antenna and microwave-circuit requirements, design, and modeling activities for airborne and ground-based antenna systems supporting communication and ISR systems covering HF through millimeter-wave frequencies. You will also perform various engineering and technician functions on various DoD programs.
* U.S. Citizenship is required
* Relocation is not provided; local candidates preferred
* Must be a Junior or above in college and majoring in Electrical Engineering
* Must have minimum 3.0 overall GPA with minimum 3.25 GPA in electrical engineering courses (Please upload Transcript.)
* Understanding of microwave circuit characteristics, parameters, design tradeoffs, and physical practicalities/limitations
* Familiarity with antenna and circuit board assembly and checkout
* Familiarity with various lab instrumentation and tools including oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, and network analyzers
* Effective oral and written communication skills
* Experience in the design, test, and troubleshooting of antennas and microwave circuits
* Knowledge and understanding of antennas, radomes, and propagation models in the frequency range of HF - Ka
* Familiarity with antenna range (free space outdoor and anechoic chamber) test setups for accurate measurement of antenna parameters
* Perform RF link-budget analysis to optimize system design for sensitivity, atmospheric noise levels, and dynamic range. Ability to derive component-level functional requirements to achieve specified system-level performance
* Experience in mechanical packaging of electronic components
* Experience in preparing and presenting reports
Only candidates that meet the qualifications as outlined above will be contacted for further information.
Candidates must be able to obtain/maintain a DoD clearance which requires US Citizenship and must be able to pass additional security background checks as required.
L3 Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities / Females/ Veterans/ Individuals with Disabilities/ Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks.
**Organization:** **Division - Comcept-20000033*
**Title:** *Electrical Engineer - 2017 Summer Internship*
**Requisition ID:** *087319*
Location:Rockwall, TX, 75087, USA
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Electrical Engineer Jobs
- View more Engineering Jobs
- View more Antennas and Propagation Jobs
- View more L3 Technologies Jobs