Electrical Engineer 1
Job Title:Electrical Engineer 1
We are a results-driven organization with an “employee-first” mindset, focused on innovation and delivery of quality products and services to our customers. We are experiencing rapid growth and increasing market share, and provide excellent career advancement potential. Are you an Electrical Engineering Graduate with excellent design and problem solving skills looking for a job where you design, build and test state of the art antenna systems? Are you self-motivated, like to lead, and enjoy working on projects where you have minimal oversight and lots of autonomy?
If so, read on!
Your Day to Day Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
You will be part of a multi-discipline engineering team working on diverse antenna subsystem projects. As an Electrical Engineer I, you will be designing antenna elements from simple mono-pole to complex steerable phased arrays. You will also be simulating unique antenna design solutions that meet or exceed customer requirements, communicating and monitoring the fabrication of your parts, providing status updates to leadership, testing prototypes on one of our five in-house antenna ranges and optimizing the design to achieve the best performance.
* U.S. Citizenship is required
* Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering with 0 - 1 year(s) of relevant experience
* Must have a minimum 3.0 overall GPA with a minimum 3.25 GPA in Electrical Engineering courses (Please upload Transcript)
* A good understanding of antenna fundamentals such as gain, beamwidth, axial ratio, etc.
* Familiar with RF antenna design and modeling software such as CST, HFSS, ADS, AWR, etc.
* Familiar with antenna range (free space outdoor and anechoic chamber) test setups for accurate measurement of antenna parameters
* Knowledge and understanding of RF testing fundamentals (such as noise figure, 1 dB compression, gain) along with RF test equipment experience (network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, signal generators)
* Understanding of antenna and microwave circuit characteristics, parameters, design tradeoffs, and physical practicalities/limitations
* Ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense security clearance
* Effective oral and written communication skills; ability to prepare and present reports to internal and external customers
* Ability to work at a fast pace while maintaining attention to detail
* Master’s Degree preferred
* Knowledge and understanding of radomes and propagation models in the frequency range of HF through Ka
* Familiar with metamaterials and their use in the design of antennas
* Familiar with the selection/design of RF components such as filters, amplifiers, transmission lines, etc.
* Familiar with RF link-budget analysis to optimize system design for sensitivity, atmospheric noise levels, and dynamic range
* Ability to derive component-level functional requirements to achieve specified system-level performance
* Familiar with PCB design and familiarity with design/layout tools such as PADS
* Familiar with LabVIEW or VEE
* The ability to move objects up to 50 pounds in a lab and antenna range environment with the help of transport aids less than 5% per month
Only candidates that meet the qualifications as outlined above will be contacted for further information.
Candidates must be able to obtain/maintain a DoD clearance which requires US Citizenship and must be able to pass additional security background checks as required.
L3 Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities / Females/ Veterans/ Individuals with Disabilities/ Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks.
**Organization:** **Division - Comcept-20000033*
**Title:** *Electrical Engineer 1*
**Requisition ID:** *087560*
Location:Rockwall, TX, 75087, USA