Electrical Engineer 1
Job Title:Electrical Engineer 1
**Requisition ID** 18464BR
**Job Title** Electrical Engineer 1
**Job Site Location** Florida - Orlando
**Home Office Location** Orlando, FL (Maitland) ENs, AUSPs & SCs
**Why CDM Smith?** CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.
The expectations of this position are for you to perform at the entry level of professional work, which will require utilizing your formal training in performing basic electrical engineering tasks and to develop your personal engineering design knowledge and abilities for advancement to the next level. This position requires a variety of routine technical tasks in which to build experience and to gain familiarization with CDM Smith’s engineering methods, practices, standards and company programs. Certification as an Engineer-In-Training (EIT) by successful completion of the Fundamentals of Engineering Examination is desired.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
• Developing drawings for electrical systems (power, controls, communications, fire alarm, and security) using AutoCAD.
• Performing electrical calculations using power systems analysis software.
• Performing lighting design and illumination simulations using lighting systems analysis software.
• Assisting in the development of electrical plan drawings and single line diagrams.
• Reviewing shop drawings and assist with general construction services.
• Limited field assignments to assist an experience engineer and to allow the successful candidate to become familiar with equipment specified.
• 0-1 years of experience since B.S. (Power Engineering Option is preferred)
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, MS Excel and MS Power Point)
• Familiarity with AutoCAD/MathCAD software a plus.
• Candidate must have excellent writing and communication skills.
**Assignment Category** Fulltime-Regular
**Amount of Travel Required** 5%
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate—as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Location:Orlando, FL, 32806, USA
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Electrical Engineer Jobs
- View more Engineering Jobs
- View more Energy Jobs
- View more CDM Smith Jobs