Electrical Engineer 1
Techtronic Industries North America, Inc.
- Electronics Engineer
Job Title:Electrical Engineer 1
One World Technologies, Inc. dba TTI Power Equipment, has an opening in its Anderson, SC office for an entry levelElectrical Engineer. We offer competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits package -- tuition assistance, 401(k), medical/dental/vision coverage, vacation and holidays.
Primary job function
Ownership of the electronic controls (PCB assembly and firmware) package for power tools and lithium-ion battery packs. This will include development of design input documents, generation of circuit schematics and PCB layouts, component selection and generation of BOMs, ordering parts for prototyping, firmware development, firmware testing, and supporting design verification testing prior to production.
The engineer will work closely with colleagues from other cross-functional departments to properly define expectations of product functionality and ensure that the delivered product meets all aspects of the customer's requested specifications.
The candidate must have a can-do attitude, be willing to learn new technical skills, and will be able to function outside of a supposed technical specialty (hardware vs firmware, etc). An ideal candidate would be comfortable in hands-on situations (e.g., PBCA rework, measurement equipment) and also be able approach problems from a theoretical perspective (e.g., simulation and calculations). Lastly, strong time-management skills and a production-focused mindset are required traits.
Required Job Qualifications (Be able to demonstrate with examples):
* Minimum BS Electrical Engineering or BS Computer Engineering degree
* Experience in microcontroller programming in C
* Experience developing design input documents and firmware flow charts
* Experience evaluating, testing, and debugging electronic circuits
* Familiarity with common test and measurement equipment -- oscilloscopes, multimeter, power supplies, etc.
* One year of related co-op, internship, or work experience strongly preferred
* Familiarity with firmware development for 8-bit and 32-bit Atmel, TI, Microchip, NXP, or any ARM microcontroller
* Familiarity with Li-Ion battery management techniques
* Experience with SPICE modeling software such as LTSpice, Multisim, etc
* Proficiency with Printed Circuit Board layout and development tools, (e.g., Eagle, OrCAD, Altium)
* Experience in soldering and prototyping circuits using SMT and through-hole components
* Experience with IAR embedded workbench and similar IDEs for firmware development is a plus
* Familiarity with UL, UN, IEEE, and FCC standards for circuits, PCBs, and consumer electronics
* International travel to Asia may be required -- usually 0-5%
* Full ownership of new projects; sense of accomplishment when product is on store shelves
* Will work in a small group of electrical engineers (<15) with a collegial atmosphere
* Interact with parts vendors to learn about and sometimes influence the direction of new technology
* We strive for constant improvement, both in our design processes and in employees' technical skills: At-work training (e.g., lunch & learns) is encouraged, and offsite trainings are typically available on a semi-annual basis.
* Fitness Center large campus to walk, jog, or participate in team-building extracurricular activities (e.g. flag football!)
**Job Title:** Electrical Engineer 1
Company:Techtronic Industries North America, Inc.
Location:Anderson, SC, 29623, USA
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Electrical Engineer Jobs
- View more Engineering Jobs
- View more Electronics Engineer Jobs
- View more Techtronic Industries North America, Inc. Jobs