- Computer Programming/Systems
- Design/Development Engineering
- Electronics Engineer
- Instrumentation and Measurement
- Software Engineering
To apply sound engineering principles and develop technical solutions supporting the strategic growth of Holland’s railway measurement business. To work with engineering and operations personnel to support improvement of existing applications and advancement of new technical value for our customers. Hands-on field involvement in validation of measurement system technology and in support of effective field operations supporting our customers’ requirements.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Apply sound engineering principles to assigned projects in the fields of railway track measurement and machine vision (inertial, optical, digital data collection systems)
- Application of technical solutions and problem solving related to electrical and computer systems.
- Direct involvement in the development of new track measurement solutions and applications.
- Hands-on work in system calibration procedures and processes supporting achievement and maintenance of ISO standards
- Measurement system data validation work, both in the lab and in the field
- Work in close liaison with mechanical, electrical, computer and software solution engineers.
- Close work with technical partners or suppliers to advance application or development solutions.
- Creation and maintenance of technical documentation
- Develop expertise over time in advancing technologies
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in Electrical Engineering (or a related field).
- General understanding of DAQ systems and sensor technologies
- Background in data analytics and DSP
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills.
- Proficient in Matlab and C++ (Qt experience is a plus) and comfortable in Windows and Linux environments.
- Must be comfortable working with customers, suppliers, engineers and field operators.
- Strong communications skills, including verbal, written, and computer.
- Analytic mindset and the ability to think critically.
- Well organized, self-motivated and highly innovative nature.
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs with our without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time to customer offices, railroad track testing sites, and on TrackSTAR® testing vehicles.
- Travel domestically (regular) and internationally (occasional) up to 30% of time.
- Ability to obtain railroad required security clearance and maintain railroad on-track safety training.
- Ability to walk on rough ground/railroad track, climb vehicle ladders, inclines, and work on vehicle systems in the field or shop
- Ability to handle typical weather extremes when working in the field
- Willingness to wear PPE (hard hat, safety glasses, hearing protection, steel toed boots) as required.
If you are interested, please copy and paste the link below to apply:
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Development Engineer Jobs
- View more Computer Programming/Systems Jobs
- View more Design/Development Engineering Jobs
- View more Electronics Engineer Jobs
- View more Instrumentation and Measurement Jobs
- View more Software Engineering Jobs
- View more Holland Jobs
View More Jobs in Crete, IL:
- View more jobs in Crete, Illinois
- Development Engineer jobs in Crete, Illinois
- Computer Programming/Systems jobs in Crete, Illinois
- Design/Development Engineering jobs in Crete, Illinois
- Electronics Engineer jobs in Crete, Illinois
- Instrumentation and Measurement jobs in Crete, Illinois
- Software Engineering jobs in Crete, Illinois
- Holland jobs in Crete, Illinois
View More Jobs in IL:
- View more jobs in Illinois
- Development Engineer jobs in Illinois
- Computer Programming/Systems jobs in Illinois
- Design/Development Engineering jobs in Illinois
- Electronics Engineer jobs in Illinois
- Instrumentation and Measurement jobs in Illinois
- Software Engineering jobs in Illinois
- Holland jobs in Illinois