Data Center Facilities Electrical Engineer/Technician, Taiwan
Job Title:Data Center Facilities Electrical Engineer/Technician, Taiwan
The Data Center team designs and operates some of the most sophisticated electrical and HVAC systems in the world. Facilities Technicians on this team operate, monitor and support all facilities activity at Google's data centers. You take ownership of the operation and maintenance of water pumps and treatment systems, HVAC, UPS, generators, electrical distribution and control and monitoring Systems. You're at the forefront of best-in-class environmental practices. You bring the ideas of our Data Center Engineers to life and develop creative approaches to reducing operational costs while improving efficiencies. You ensure that problems are identified and repaired quickly, that contractors deliver quality services and preventive maintenance, and that safety measures are being performed. In emergency situations or abnormal conditions, you respond to data center performance issues and outages to minimize the recovery time from failures.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We're always on call to keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
* Operate, monitor, maintain, and respond to abnormal conditions in facilities systems. Areas include: Electrical, Mechanical, Building Monitoring and Control.
* Develop good understanding of infrastructure design and sequence of operation. Become familiar with managing operational risks.
* Possess and demonstrate hands-on skills that enable maintenance of major electrical systems. Resolve and troubleshoot common system failures.
* Become familiar with the safety rules and regulations associated with operating complex infrastructure.
* Adopt continuous improvements to minimize the environmental impact of the operation by helping the team improve site power usage effectiveness (PUE) and operational efficiency.
* BA/BS or equivalent practical experience.
* 5 years at journeyman or technician level or similar in a critical environment, especially experience in data center, hospital, or power plant experience, or semiconductor/ panel/electronic devices manufacturing factories for which uninterruptable facilities supply.
* 5 years in mechanical/HVAC, electrical, or a combination of both.
* HVAC or electrical license.
* Excellent understanding of the electrical and mechanical systems used in a data center environment, including: Feeders, Transformers, Generators, Switchgear, UPS systems, ATS/STS units, PDU/PMM units, Chillers, Air handling units and CRAC units.
* Ability to communicate intelligently and effectively with contractors who perform maintenance or upgrade work on these systems.
* Ability to learn quickly and address issues as they arise during normal working hours or when on-call.
* Must speak and write Mandarin or Taiwanese; willing to learn English reading, writing and speaking.
* These positions have shift work that includes weekends and holidays.
* * *
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
**To all recruitment agencies:** Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Location:Taiwan Province, TWN