Configuration Management/QA Engineer - ATAS 1172
Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI)
- Quality Control
Location: Smyrna, GA
Description: Job Description:
Configuration Management / Quality Assurance Engineering
Provide leadership and direction for Configuration Management and Quality Assurance functions in support of Department of Defense system development programs. Establishes standard practices and processes for configuration management and system quality control. Implementation and management of data management and workflow tools supporting hardware/software system development programs. Participates in integrated project teams with responsibility for defining configuration items, implementing change control, management of change control boards, configuration baseline management, and configuration audits. Contributes to organization and creation of hardware, software and associated documentation and technical data packages. Performs engineering drawing review and approval, corrective actions and other continuous improvement initiatives. Develops and maintains quality assurance/control plans and procedures. Manages and participates in physical, functional and quality audits. Implements CM discipline for the entire life cycle of systems from initial requirements/capabilities baselines to system end-of-life.
The applicant must have excellent interpersonal communications skills and excellent ability to prepare and present briefings to senior program leadership.
- US citizenship required
- A Secret Security Clearance (or the ability to obtain one quickly) is required
- Possess at least a Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline
- At least 5 years relevant experience in DoD quality/configuration support in an engineering environment
- Experience with configuration management and product data management, including product data management systems, configuration control boards and customer satisfaction boards, physical configuration audits, drawing surveillance, engineering change management, military equipment maintenance, manufacturing development, new product development processes, product support business case analysis, performance-based logistics, and manufacturing and logistics
- Experience with engineering drafting or design
Located in Atlanta, Georgia, the Georgia Institute of Technology is a leading research university committed to improving the human condition through advanced science and technology.
Ranked as the #7 best public university, Georgia Tech provides a focused, technologically based education to more than 21,500 undergraduate and graduate students.
Georgia Tech has many nationally recognized programs, all top-ranked by peers and publications alike, and is ranked in the nation’s top 10 public universities by U.S. News and World Report.
Degrees are offered through the colleges of Architecture, Computing, Engineering, Sciences, the Scheller College of Business, and the Ivan Allen College of Liberal Arts.
The strong academic work ethic at Tech is balanced by a collegiate atmosphere incorporating both intercollegiate and intramural sports, campus traditions, and some 400 student organizations.
Alongside their academic achievements, Tech students are also active in the community, earning a well-rounded education through community service activities.
As a leading technological university, Georgia Tech has more than 100 centers focused on interdisciplinary research that consistently contribute vital research and innovation to American government, industry, and business.
There is no doubt that Georgia Tech stands out as a distinctively different kind of university, one that is eagerly encouraging and developing the revolutionary technologies of the 21st century.
Equipped with the extremely rich resources of an outstanding student body and faculty; strong partnerships with business, industry, and government; and support from alumni and friends, Georgia Tech is designing a future of global preeminence, leadership, and service.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Configuration Management Jobs
- View more Engineering Jobs
- View more Quality Control Jobs
- View more Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI) Jobs