CHIEF INFORMATION OFFICER
CITY OF LA/PERSONNEL DEPT/LAPD PERSONNEL DIV
- Information Technology
The Chief Information Officer (CIO) is the command position for Information Technology (IT) leadership within the Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD/Department). The position has complete ownership of creation and execution of the Department-wide IT strategy and alignment with the Department goals to fulfill its public safety mission.
As a member of the command staff, the CIO participates and contributes to overall Department strategy, bringing a current knowledge and future vision of leveraging information and technology in process and operational improvement. The position is responsible for the management, oversight and implementation of all technology for all facets of the police department, including patrol, administration and special operations.
As the Commanding Officer of Information Technology Bureau, the CIO oversees the Information Technology Division, Application Development & Support Division, Tactical Technology Section, and the Project Management and Quality Assurance Section. The CIO drives major projects, manages vendor relations and oversees the program management office. The CIO manages the technology budget and works closely with City of Los Angeles (City) executives, including the Mayor's office and City Council.
• Exceptional leadership skills with the ability to develop and communicate an IT vision that inspires and motivates IT staff and aligns to the department strategy.
• Strong business acumen, including public safety-specific knowledge.
• Strong information technology acumen, including full lifecycle knowledge of delivering of critical mission-critical applications.
• Ability to demonstrate the business value of IT to Department and City stakeholders.
• Effective negotiation skills across internal and external parties, and vendors.
• Excellent analytical, strategic conceptual thinking, strategic planning and execution skills.
• Deep expertise in budget planning and financial management.
• Strong understanding of current and emerging technologies and how other public and private organizations are employing them to enable digital government and digital business.
• Demonstrated ability to develop and execute a strategic resource plan that ensures that the right people are in the right roles at the right time and that employees are highly engaged and satisfied, within the context of a local government environment.
• Ability to identify and leverage resources and partnerships to enhance capabilities and manage risk.
• Ability to effectively balance the needs between continuously exploiting capabilities to optimize operational efficiency and delivering innovative and agile IT solutions to meet emerging department needs.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technology concepts to command staff, and business concepts to the IT workforce.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Chief Information Officer Jobs
- View more Information Technology Jobs
- View more CITY OF LA/PERSONNEL DEPT/LAPD PERSONNEL DIV Jobs