Chairperson of Electronics and Robotics
Sinclair Community College
- Electronics Engineer
The Science, Mathematics and Engineering Division at Sinclair Community College is seeking an individual for the Chair of the Electronics and Robotics Department. This tenure-track faculty position reports to the Dean of Science, Mathematics and Engineering Division and will begin August 14, 2017.
- Provide leadership for the continuing development and assessment of the department’s curriculum and programs, including the ABET accredited Electronics Engineering Technology program and the Automation & Control Technology with Robotics program.
- Manage personnel and budget resources.
- Provide leadership for the continuing professional development of the department’s faculty and staff; both full-time and part-time.
- Facilitate alignment of curricula with that of area colleges and universities in order to facilitate students’ successful transfer.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, electronics engineering technology, or a related discipline is required. In addition, a Master’s degree in electrical engineering, electronics engineering technology or a related discipline is required in order to be eligible for tenure. Applicants who do not possess a master’s degree are eligible to apply for the position but will be required to obtain a master’s degree.
- Background or experience teaching courses in robotics, controls and/or electrical engineering preferred
- Demonstrated leadership and/or administrative experience required
- Successful teaching at the college level preferred
- Industrial work experience preferred
- Professional communication skills to include written and oral required
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse array of faculty, staff and students, including cross-functional teams required
- Active membership in professional organizations required
- Successful experience using technology, collaborative learning, and hands-on learning approaches in the classroom required
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Faculty Jobs
- View more Management Jobs
- View more Robotics Jobs
- View more Electronics Engineer Jobs
- View more Sinclair Community College Jobs