Camera Systems Electrical Engineer, Waymo
- Instrumentation and Measurement
Job Title:Camera Systems Electrical Engineer, Waymo
This position is for designing, developing, calibrating, and testing high-performance camera systems, including (but not limited to) sensor layout and PCB design, high-speed design and imaging pipelines. This will include part selection, schematics, and layout. It will also include a broad range of responsibilities from prototype manufacturing to system integration and management/design reviews of vendor and supplier designs. Further, this position offers a good deal of responsibility and the opportunity to grow into broad scope, high performance hardware design.
You have previous experience running successful camera/optical development programs, including all stages from design through production. You should also have expertise in Python/MATLAB, device drivers, hardware bring-up and testing, sensor systems, image processing, noise performance measurement and modeling.
Waymo is a self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. We’re determined to improve transportation for people around the world, building on software and sensor technology developed in Google’s labs since 2009.
* Design, test, and deploy high performance electrical systems for cameras and other focal planes.
* Review and work with vendors to drive solutions.
* Set up and conduct electrical tests of systems for both prototype and production use.
* Support camera module and lens manufacturing by developing and deploying systems to improve test integration, assembly tracking, and reporting pipelines.
* Analyze and present data collected from sensor systems, and develop tools to help do so.
* BA/BS degree in a technical field or equivalent practical experience.
* Experience with board design, high-speed design, and FPGA capabilities and working experience of imaging and electro-optical systems.
* Experience with layout packages (e.g., Altium). Experience with numerical analysis and data visualization with tools such as MATLAB, Python, NumPy, and/or Matplotlib.
* Experience with conducting and driving design reviews, both internally and with vendors. Experience with using and programming lab instruments; oscilloscope, programmable power supply, spectrum analyzer, signal generator.
* Experience working with core Google technologies.
* Experience with LabVIEW, Minitab, SPCXL, SolidWorks and ProE.
* Familiar with basic (PID) control theory.
* * *
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Waymo is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
**To all recruitment agencies:** Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Location:Mountain View, CA, 94039, USA
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Electrical System Engineer Jobs
- View more Engineering Jobs
- View more Instrumentation and Measurement Jobs
- View more Google Jobs