Building Services Electrical Engineer
Job Title:Building Services Electrical Engineer
**Requisition/Vacancy No.** 154419BR
**Position Title** Building Services Electrical Engineer
**Job Category** Engineering - Electrical / Electronic
**Business Line** Energy
**Country** United Kingdom
**State/Province/Region** GBR - Nottinghamshire
**Why Choose AECOM?** AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals — serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in _Engineering News-Record_ magazine’s annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by _Fortune_ magazine as a World’s Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients’ projects. A _Fortune 500_ firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at www.aecom.com.
**About the Business Line**
We address the complete spectrum of energy challenges, including clean and renewable energy, energy efficiency and carbon management, hydropower and dams, thermal, geothermal and wind power generation, and transmission and distribution.
We are currently looking for an experienced Electrical Engineer to join our established Building Services team based in Nottingham. Our Nottingham office is a multi-disciplinary unit numbering 275+ staff, which has a core Building Services Engineering group of 12 with remit to grow. Along with Building Engineering the office offers:
• Structural Engineering
• Civil Engineering
• Strategic Highways Consultancy
• Geotechnical Engineering
• Bridge design
• Transportation Consultancy
Some of our recent projects in the division include;
• Heathrow Airport – MACE: A 4 year framework delivering small to medium sized improvement projects landside and airside. (AECOM: Services Advanced Structures and MEP)
• Jaguar Landrover: New build distribution premises at Damson Parkway Solihull (Services MEP and Structural Engineering)
• Furness Vale Blue Light Hub: New build accommodation in Barrow in Furness. A fully fitted four berth Fire Station with accommodation for Police and Ambulance Services (Services Project Management, Architecture, C+S and MEP Engineering)
• Transport for London - TFL/CVU Framework: Old Street Underground Station Refurbishment and Imax Cinema sub-station relocation
The Electrical Engineer will be involved in developing design drawings and specifications. The successful candidate will be Chartered or working towards Chartership, and have proven design experience, delivering to quality, time and budget. They will be experienced in using Amtech software. This role will suit someone with an electrical engineering / building services degree, who is enthusiastic, self motivated, and looking to advance their career.
• Receive brief from Senior Management, be able to contribute to the fee proposal and determine resources.
• Assess staff requirements at each work stage, agreeing these with the Project Manager and be able to manage single disciplinary and multi-disciplinary projects.
• Attend progress, design team and coordinate meetings.
• Prepare outline scheme report / technical content of the design information.
• Input to pre-qualification and selection of contractors, respond to tender queries, comment and review tender returns.
• Attend tender / client interviews. Attend site inspection meetings.
• Ensure the project work complies with the Project Management Plan and Program.
• Prepare specifications, schedules, drawings and any other contract documents developed through the RIBA stages.
• Be competent with electrical engineering calculations (Amtech, Dialux, Hevacomp).
• Understand and implement AECOM’s Safety Health and Environment Policy.
• Obtain the necessary information both internally and externally from Architects, Quantity Surveyors and Design Consultants for the design to proceed.
• Liaise with clients, professional organizations, contractors, suppliers, sub contractors and other design.
• Identify and meet effectively the requirements and expectations of clients.
• Relevant experience in Electrical Engineering design, including areas such as specification writing, calculations, Low voltage distribution.
• A track record of having worked on a variety of Building Services designs covering for example, Education, Healthcare and Commercial projects.
• Experience of seeing conceptual designs through to completion and dealing directly with clients.
• A highly motivated individual with excellent communication skills and a member of a professional Institution or close to achieving professional chartered status.
• Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English, able to inspire, influence and negotiate.
• Able to make decisions, act on own initiative and operate in a pro-active way.
• Excellent report writing skills, experience of making presentations and attending meetings with clients essential.
Degree educated in electrical engineering or similar / related discipline.
Fully conversant with Amtech and Relux design software
**Preferred Qualifications** .
**What We Offer**
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Electrical Appliance Servicer Jobs
- View more Engineering Jobs
- View more Energy Jobs
- View more AECOM Jobs