Avionics Systems Engineer â€“ ELSYS 1297
Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI)
Location: Atlanta, GA
Description: ELSYS 1297
This position supports system integration and software development projects for Department of Defense aircraft improvement programs.
Avionics Systems Engineer
- Develop system level requirements from customer, decompose and allocate requirements into system design describing the architecture structure, and allocation of behavior and data interfaces to hardware and software components.
- Coordinate a cross-functional team to develop technical solutions for our DoD customer ensuring all products meet allocated requirements and design
- Serve as the technical expert on assigned projects and systems including use models, associated products’ capabilities, system interfaces, engineering tools, and the roadmap for current and future updates. The candidate will utilize this expertise to advise the customer and promote the customer’s position in meetings.
- Manage the product backlog and system deficiency reports.
- Utilize existing system specifications, interface definitions, and aircraft drawings in the development of solutions.
- Ensure that all technical work is performed and documented to appropriate professional standards.
- Design and manage the laboratory configuration for assigned projects.
- Integrate system products in laboratory and field settings. Analyze flight and laboratory data to determine if system requirements and project objectives are met; and isolate anomalies to hardware and software components.
- Develop quantitative feasibility analyses on possible solutions toward increasing system effectiveness and ability to integrate new technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree minimum
- 8-15+ years’ experience
- Experience with DoD avionics systems, avionics architecture, system analysis, and requirements definition
- Working familiarity and enthusiasm for open architecture standards
- US Citizenship with ability to obtain Department of Defense clearance
- MS degree
- Mission computing, flight computing, Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE), Electronic warfare, 1553 data bus, and radar experience
- Experience utilizing open architecture standards
- Current DoD clearance
- Experience managing teams of 5-7+ engineers
Located in Atlanta, Georgia, the Georgia Institute of Technology is a leading research university committed to improving the human condition through advanced science and technology.
Ranked as the #7 best public university, Georgia Tech provides a focused, technologically based education to more than 21,500 undergraduate and graduate students.
Georgia Tech has many nationally recognized programs, all top-ranked by peers and publications alike, and is ranked in the nation’s top 10 public universities by U.S. News and World Report.
Degrees are offered through the colleges of Architecture, Computing, Engineering, Sciences, the Scheller College of Business, and the Ivan Allen College of Liberal Arts.
The strong academic work ethic at Tech is balanced by a collegiate atmosphere incorporating both intercollegiate and intramural sports, campus traditions, and some 400 student organizations.
Alongside their academic achievements, Tech students are also active in the community, earning a well-rounded education through community service activities.
As a leading technological university, Georgia Tech has more than 100 centers focused on interdisciplinary research that consistently contribute vital research and innovation to American government, industry, and business.
There is no doubt that Georgia Tech stands out as a distinctively different kind of university, one that is eagerly encouraging and developing the revolutionary technologies of the 21st century.
Equipped with the extremely rich resources of an outstanding student body and faculty; strong partnerships with business, industry, and government; and support from alumni and friends, Georgia Tech is designing a future of global preeminence, leadership, and service.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Systems Engineer Jobs
- View more Engineering Jobs
- View more Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI) Jobs