Associates (Postdocs) in mmWave MIMO Radar System Design for Dynamic Environments (M/F)
University of Luxembourg
- Computer Engineering
- Electronics Engineer
The University of Luxembourg is multilingual, international research University.
The University of Luxembourg is looking for its Interdisciplinary Centre of Security and Trust (SNT) for a: Research Associates (Postdocs) in mmWave MIMO Radar System Design for Dynamic Environments (M/F)
Fixed-term contract 2 years, full-time (40hrs/week)
Number of positions: Multiple
The Interdisciplinary Centre for Security, Reliability and Trust (SnT) invites applications from PhD holders in the general area of mmWave MIMO Radar System Design for dynamic environments with focus on the automotive sector. SnT is carrying out interdisciplinary research in secure, reliable and trustworthy ICT systems and services, often in collaboration with industrial, governmental or international partners. It is pursuing research on automotive radar applications in partnership with IEE (www.iee.lu), a Luxembourg based global leader in automotive safety sensing systems for occupant detection and classification. Recently, Prof. Bjorn Ottersten Director of SnT, has been awarded the prestigious European Research Council (ERC) Advanced Grant to pursue research on cognitive radar systems with applications to automotive radar. For further information you may check: www.securityandtrust.lu and http://wwwen.uni.lu/snt/research/sigcom.
The Centre is rapidly expanding its research activities and is seeking highly motivated research associates who wish to contribute to its partnership and ERC research projects. The proliferation of automotive radar has thrown up significant challenges including reliable target detection and discrimination in dynamic environments. Highly complex and dynamic scenarios like the ones encountered in automotive sector, require novel waveform design and receiver processing while being able to adapt these based on the perception of the environment. The key performance indicators include enhanced range-Doppler-angular resolution, robustness to interference, ease of implementation and robustness to synchronization of multiple radar modules. The research associates will have further the opportunity to work towards in-lab demonstration of the developed techniques using USRP/SDR implementations in CommLab of SnT (http://wwwen.uni.lu/snt/research/sigcom/communications_lab).
The successful candidates will join a strong and motivated research team lead by Prof. Björn Ottersten in order to carry out research in the area of mmWave MIMO Radar System Design for dynamic environments with focus on applications in the automotive sector.
The position holder will be required to perform the following tasks:
- Shaping research directions in line with project objectives, pursuing research and delivering project outputs
- Carrying out cutting edge research activities in waveform design, receiver processing and enabling cognition in next generation radar systems with applications to automotive
- Participating in development and upgradation of the SDR based Radar test bench based on pursued research
- Disseminating the results through scientific publications in high impact factor journals
- Presenting the results in the internationally well-known conferences and workshops
- Attracting funding in cooperation with partners
- Providing guidance to PhD and MSc students
- Assisting in teaching duties
- Organizing relevant workshops
For further information, please contact Bhavani.Shankar@uni.lu or Bjorn.Ottersten@uni.lu
- The University offers a two year employment contract and may be extended up to five years.
- The University offers highly competitive salaries and is an equal opportunity employer.
- You will work in an exciting international environment and will have the opportunity to participate in the development of a newly created university.
Application should be submitted online and include:
- Full CV, including list of publications and name (and email address, etc) of three referees
- Transcript of all modules and results from university-level courses taken
- Research statement and topics of particular interest to the candidate (300 words).
Deadline for applications: May 15th, 2017. Applications will be processed as they arrive; early application is highly encouraged.
Link : http://emea3.mrted.ly/1djf5
Qualification: The candidate should possess (or be in the process of completing) a PhD degree or equivalent in Electrical/Electronics Engineering, Computer Science or Applied Mathematics.
Experience: The ideal candidate should have research project-based experience (FP7/H2020, Industry) and publication record in a number of the following topics:
- Radar Signal Processing and MIMO Radar System Design
- Statistical Signal Processing
- Convex Optimization and Linear Algebra
- Compressive sensing and sparse signal Processing
- Statistical Inference
Exposure to USRP/SDR implementation and familiarity with FPGA programming is considered as an advantage. Development skills in one of the programming languages, MATLAB, LabView or C++ are required.
Exposure to the latest radar technology and digital communications is desirable.
Language Skills: Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English are required.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more System Designer Jobs
- View more Computer Engineering Jobs
- View more Electronics Engineer Jobs
- View more Research Jobs
- View more University of Luxembourg Jobs
View More Jobs in Luxembourg City, Luxembourg District:
- View more jobs in Luxembourg City, state_Luxembourg District
- System Designer jobs in Luxembourg City, state_Luxembourg District
- Computer Engineering jobs in Luxembourg City, state_Luxembourg District
- Electronics Engineer jobs in Luxembourg City, state_Luxembourg District
- Research jobs in Luxembourg City, state_Luxembourg District
- University of Luxembourg jobs in Luxembourg City, state_Luxembourg District
View More Jobs in Luxembourg District:
- View more jobs in state_Luxembourg District
- System Designer jobs in state_Luxembourg District
- Computer Engineering jobs in state_Luxembourg District
- Electronics Engineer jobs in state_Luxembourg District
- Research jobs in state_Luxembourg District
- University of Luxembourg jobs in state_Luxembourg District