Assistant/Associate Research Professor
University of Maryland
- Aerospace and Electronic Systems
- Design/Development Engineering
This position is located at the University of Maryland Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) Test Site, located at the St. Mary’s County Regional Airport, California, MD.
The UAS Research Director will drive the research agenda internal to the UMD UAS Test Site, as well as advise external researchers and research projects. The Director will work as part of the test site team to ensure research requirements are clear, and that equipment and personnel capabilities are in place to satisfy cutting edge UAS enquiry. The Research Director will support the higher education goals of the University, including academic programs, internships, co-ops, and Masters and Doctoral candidates. This position will also tie directly into the future autonomous technologies research center being established at the Southern Maryland Higher Education Center, as a precursor for future research teams. The goal is to establish and maintain the Test Site and its associated research as a world-class program that attracts leading researchers, students and funding organizations. The establishment of a “skunk works” mentality and structure is a desired outcome.
The UAS Research Director will report to the Director of the UAS Test Site, and will also coordinate their efforts with the Clark School of Engineering Aerospace Department Chair. No personnel will report to the Research Director.
Qualifications: Candidates for this position will possess a doctoral degree relevant to a UAS and/or autonomy related field. Post-doctoral experience is desired and a history of extramural funding is required. Evidence of a sustainable and focused research program and a strong publication record, and established relationships with industry, government, academic and/or science foundation partners are required. The candidate will exhibit a strong capability for building an externally funded research program. Evidence of teaching, advising, and mentorship experience is desirable. Due to ITAR equipment use, applicant must be a US citizen. Possession or the ability to obtain a security clearance is required.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Research Associate Jobs
- View more Faculty Jobs
- View more Research Jobs
- View more Aerospace and Electronic Systems Jobs
- View more Design/Development Engineering Jobs
- View more University of Maryland Jobs
View More Jobs in California, MD:
- View more jobs in California, Maryland
- Research Associate jobs in California, Maryland
- Faculty jobs in California, Maryland
- Research jobs in California, Maryland
- Aerospace and Electronic Systems jobs in California, Maryland
- Design/Development Engineering jobs in California, Maryland
- University of Maryland jobs in California, Maryland