Applications Engineer - Electronics
- Electronics Engineer
- Timely response to various requests from customers and sales team via site visits, phone and email related to the following areas:
> Product specifications
> Product selection
> System and/or product troubleshooting
> Application Bulletin review, support, and maintenance
- Operate as a liaison between electronics/drive engineering and application engineering/sales
- Write technical reports and application bulletins for electronic and drive products
- Visit customer or end user field sites to diagnose and remedy Emerson electronic product related issues
- Create training material and presentations to educate customers on electronic product operation and troubleshooting
- Other compressor application tasks include HVAC system performance data reviews, tear-down reports, OEM manufacturing line audits, and field support.
- Travel: 25%
- Bachelor's degree in technical discipline plus two years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Electronics knowledge is critical.
- Excellent customer communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficient computer and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor's degree in Electronics or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent in an HVAC related capacity is preferred
- Strongly prefer experience working directly with OEMs
- Familiarity with HVACR systems, scroll compressor design and operation, compressor and HVACR system performance and testing methods, and applicable regulatory agencies is desired
- Five (5) years relevant experience
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by calling 1-314-553-2544 (V/TTY/TDD) or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.