2017 Electrical Engineering Internship/Co-Op
Job Title:2017 Electrical Engineering Internship/Co-Op
Reports directly to the Plant Manager. The Intern, Engineering will actively participate in projects related to process control and process improvement. Hands-on experience may include, but is not limited to:
1. Provide support for key company initiatives, such as lean implementation, downtime elimination, and overall equipment efficiency (OEE).
2. Work with subject matter experts to measure current process performance, analyze results, develop improvement ideas, and run experiments or trials to improve results.
3. May be involved with new process implementation, involving developing procedures, completing problem analysis, job safety analysis, etc.
4. Work with engineering and shop floor team to identify and design fixtures to improve manufacturability.
5. Interface with Engineers to introduce new products to the plant and help troubleshoot problems inherent with production and improve manufacturing efficiency.
6. Examine documents such as blueprints, drawings, change orders and specifications to verify completeness and accuracy of data.
7. Prepare and submit Engineering Work Orders (EWO).
8. Prepare reports and memorandums as requested.
9. May deal with vendors or others outside of the organization.
10. May be involved with the evaluation of capital investments and assist in preparation of cost justifications.
*KEY BENEFITS GAINED FROM INTERNSHIP*
* Coached and mentored by Greenlee engineering leadership.
* Gain technical foundation and acquire leadership skills, project management experience, and cross-functional process knowledge.
* Experience in developing and documenting key processes.
* Work on projects that have a measurable impact on our business.
Potential leadership growth and Six Sigma Green Belt opportunities
* Junior, Senior, or graduate student in Industrial, Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering
* GPA 3.0 or higher
* Excellent communication skills (oral & written)
* Ability to work independently, learn new tasks/handle multiple tasks, solve problems, meet deadlines, and show strong self-motivation and initiative.
* Strong computer skills (Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Works in both office and plant environments and may exert up to 25 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, grasp, finger, or otherwise move objects.
**Title:** *2017 Electrical Engineering Internship/Co-Op*
**Requisition ID:** *247036*
Location:Rockford, IL, 61106, USA